Turn off writing system views in a field

Hugh Paterson

Jul 31, 2017, 9:22:25 AM7/31/17
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

For several reasons we have multiple writing systems. This means that for some fields we have writing systems we will never use.  We want to not display these writing systems on a per field basis.  Is this possible?

all the best,
- Hugh Paterson III

Beth-docs Bryson

Aug 3, 2017, 9:31:24 AM8/3/17
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Hugh, did you get an answer to this?

Check out the blue arrow that appears to the left of a field when your cursor is in that field.  For most fields, there is a “Writing Systems” option that gives you this kind of control.  Experiment with it, and see what kinds of options it gives you for hiding and bringing back WSs for a specific field.  Also, for many fields, you can also get to that menu by right-clicking on the field name.

Note that there are several different places in FLEx to hide writing systems, and some of these places have different behavior.   For many of these controls, what they really mean is “hide this writing system when it has no contents”.  It doesn’t hide that slice altogether. I believe that is the behavior for the WS controls in the blue arrow (the per-field ones).  However, try it yourself and see what you find, and double check in the Helps.

-Beth

--
You are subscribed to the publicly accessible group "FLEx list".
Only members can post but anyone can view messages on the website.

Hugh Paterson

Aug 3, 2017, 10:21:39 AM8/3/17
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. Yes andreas wrote off list but i failed to notice that in my response.

all the best,
- Hugh Paterson III