FieldWorks 8.2.5 stable (bugfix release)

Beth Bryson

Jan 25, 2016, 6:26:32 PM1/25/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com, flex-o...@googlegroups.com, linu...@groups.kastanet.org, lingtr...@googlegroups.com
We have just released another point release for the stable version of FieldWorks 8.2.  This is FieldWorks 8.2.5, and it is now available for Windows and Linux.

There were minimal changes this time.  To see a complete list of bugfixes, visit:

The Windows version can be downloaded there, and the Linux version is available in the main section of the packages.sil.org repository.  See http://linux.lsdev.sil.org/wiki/index.php/FieldWorks_Installation_Instructions for full instructions on how to get it.

As usual, please report issues to FLEx_...@sil.org

Beth Bryson
for the FieldWorks development team

Kevin Penner

Jan 26, 2016, 12:17:40 PM1/26/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com
I just applied this update to two computers and it didn’t go very well. In both cases Send/Receive (with other FLEx users) wouldn’t work (no dialogue or anything, just the spinning circle or a notice that FLEx Bridge had stopped working). In both cases, however, I re-ran the installer, selected to repair the installation and after that Send/Receive worked (although the installer crashed a couple times on the Win 7 machine before I could accomplish the repair).

One computer was running Windows 7 in a virtual machine (VMWare Fusion) on a Mac (El Capitan), and the other computer was running Windows 10 in a virtual machine (VMWare Fusion) also on a Mac (El Capitan).

Kevin

--
You are subscribed to the publicly accessible group "FLEx list".
Only members can post but anyone can view messages on the website.

David Coward

Jan 28, 2016, 12:24:49 PM1/28/16
to Kevin Penner, flex...@googlegroups.com

I just had a similar experience.

But after reinstalling and rebooting still no joy.

I finally selected the Project Messages menu option, rather than going straight to S/R and this seemed to kick start Flex Bridge.

Working fine now. (On Win10 64-bit)

0

If Flex Bridge needs to sort stuff out after a update/install, it at LEAST needs a Please wait… Cancel dialog.

David

Sent from Outlook Mail for Windows 10 phone