Apparent JVM error when trying to run ColdFusion server but able to run other Java apps

All.Hot....@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2009, 8:50:33 PM2/11/09
to Flex 3:Training from the Source
Hi,

I've been going through the walk-throughs in this book on my work
computer and was recently laid off. I've tried to put all the stuff
on my home computer. I'm able to run other Java applications such as
LimeWire but I've been unable to run the ColdFusion server. When I
try to laund it from the command line, I get this error:

Error: no known VMs. (check for corrupt jvm.cfg file).

I've even tried messing around with my environment variables and
reinstalling to no avail. Please help.

Thanks,

Ben

RW

Feb 12, 2009, 12:09:53 AM2/12/09
to Flex 3:Training from the Source
Have you tried google? I just googled "Error: no known VMs. (check
for corrupt jvm.cfg file)" and found a bunch of hits with promising
answers.

On Feb 11, 8:50 pm, "All.Hot.N.Goe...@gmail.com"

All.Hot....@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2009, 12:20:27 PM2/12/09
to Flex 3:Training from the Source
I did try google, but didn't get too many hits and it's part of the
reason I tried to reinstall. Maybe my search was too specific. I'll
give it another shot.

Michael Labriola

Feb 12, 2009, 12:28:20 PM2/12/09
to Flex 3:Training from the Source

Do you have the original installation CD with the CF server already
configured for you or was that lost in the transition. I only ask as
it would be much easier to get you setup that way

On Feb 12, 11:20 am, "All.Hot.N.Goe...@gmail.com"
> > > Ben- Hide quoted text -

All.Hot....@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2009, 2:22:30 PM2/12/09
to Flex 3:Training from the Source
Michael - to answer your question, I used the installation from the CD
and then updated the files with what you have on this Google group. I
did find the issue in part from some postings I found on another
search I did on Google. The jvm.config file has a hard coded root
directory which probably works for most people. Mine is E:/ and the
hardcoded java.home is equal to C:/ I just changed it to E:/ and it
worked. Also, the error message tells you to look for a .cfg file
which doesn't exist since it's really a *.config file. A little
misleading at first when trying to find the problem file! Thanks for
everyone's help.

Ben