Live Prospect!

Scott Patashnick

Sep 26, 2011, 2:39:33 PM9/26/11
to flax-d...@googlegroups.com
Like the last post, we are just checking for a pulse.  We have been tasked with trying to index millions of files on our network servers and are not really sure what we need or even what questions to ask.  We were thinking that building a test server with a few hundred thousand files and working with FlaxCode might either provide us a solution, or provide us with some experience to recognize the kinds of features we need in a solution.  We've setup a VM runnings Windows 2003 R2 with 4 Gig of RAM and 300 Gig of test files plus another 300 Gig for FlaxCode files. Our files server primarily contains Office documents (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, RTF plus a lot of PDF files.  Does anyone in the group have any suggestions or comments whether this makes sense or other steps we might want to take?

Thank you.

-30-