Question: C++03 compatibility?

Ethan Zhou

Jun 5, 2017, 2:33:40 PM6/5/17
to FlatBuffers

Does anyone know if the C++ version of flatbuffers is compatible with the C++03 standard? From what I can tell, flatbuffers was originally developed using C++11 features, but I can't find any recent information on this topic.

I know that I can use the C version, which is definitely compatible with the C++03 standard, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks!

Wouter van Oortmerssen

Jun 5, 2017, 2:48:06 PM6/5/17
to Ethan Zhou, FlatBuffers
FlatBuffers C++ generally requires C++11, though we've kept the use of it minimal to support older compilers. flatbuffers.h in particular should support GCC as low as 4.4.x, and VS2010. The latter we enforce with CI. Some optional parts (like the GRPC functionality) may use more advanced C++11 since GRPC itself uses it.