Namespace is missing in reflection schema data

Xun Liu

Sep 4, 2016, 9:30:41 PM9/4/16
to FlatBuffers
I'm playing with flatbuffer reflection and noticed namespace info is not recorded in reflection.fbs
This means two tables with the same name but different namespaces will have the same name in Schema.objects making it impossible to locate a table's schema based on its non-qualified name. Shouldn't namespace be part of the object name so we can solve this problem? Any thoughts?

mikkelfj

Sep 5, 2016, 5:59:26 AM9/5/16
to FlatBuffers

On Monday, September 5, 2016 at 3:30:41 AM UTC+2, Xun Liu wrote:
I'm playing with flatbuffer reflection and noticed namespace info is not recorded in reflection.fbs
This means two tables with the same name but different namespaces will have the same name in Schema.objects making it impossible to locate a table's schema based on its non-qualified name. Shouldn't namespace be part of the object name so we can solve this problem? Any thoughts?

I agree. In the flatcc (for C) schemacompiler, the namespace is dot prefixed to every name, or left out to be compatible with the flatc (for C++) depending on a flag.

Wouter van Oortmerssen

Sep 9, 2016, 8:29:04 PM9/9/16
to mikkelfj, FlatBuffers
Yup, we need to add that. Anyone want to make a PR? If not I'll get to it eventually.

Xun Liu

Sep 12, 2016, 2:01:00 PM9/12/16
to Wouter van Oortmerssen, mikkelfj, FlatBuffers
I can work on a fix many in one or two weeks after i wrap up my current work.

Wouter van Oortmerssen

Sep 12, 2016, 2:10:31 PM9/12/16
to Xun Liu, mikkelfj, FlatBuffers
That be great! Let me know how you do.