flatc web front end + api

Matias Ärje

Jul 17, 2017, 5:40:47 AM7/17/17
to FlatBuffers
I needed a REST API for the FlatBuffers compiler so I did that and also wrote a simple web UI for that, hope someone else also will find it useful!

  -matias

Wouter van Oortmerssen

Jul 17, 2017, 10:46:24 AM7/17/17
to Matias Ärje, FlatBuffers
Nice! That'll be useful for people that don't want or can't install/compile the command-line version!

mikkelfj

Jul 17, 2017, 1:25:40 PM7/17/17
to FlatBuffers, matia...@gmail.com
Cool, I've been thinking this would be useful thing to have!

I suspect most C users can handle compiling the tool, but if you want to add support for C as well,
I suggest producing two files, one for the messy common files, and one the schema specific headers.

bin/flatcc -ac --outfile common_schema.h
bin/flatcc -wv --outfile monster_schema.h samples/monster/monster.fbs

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 2:40 AM, Matias Ärje <matia...@gmail.com> wrote:
I needed a REST API for the FlatBuffers compiler so I did that and also wrote a simple web UI for that, hope someone else also will find it useful!

  -matias

mikkelfj

Jul 17, 2017, 1:34:22 PM7/17/17
to FlatBuffers, matia...@gmail.com
Or not, I just discovered that flatcc does not understand csharp_partial

Though, currenlty flatcc will not compile the schema without

attribute "csharp_partial";

and with id attributes on structs.