Is FlatBuffers still maintained?

Kenneth Kasajian

May 16, 2016, 2:41:52 PM5/16/16
to FlatBuffers
I am considering using a library such as FlatBuffers.   It's difficult to tell from just browsing the Internet as to which libraries are maintained and which are abandoned.   One indicator I look for is whether the various sites for the technology are kept up to date.   When I go to the https://google.github.io/flatbuffers/ main page and click on the item on the bottom of the page titled:
I get a link that doesn't work.   It takes me to a scary place:
404. That’s an error.

The requested URL /group/flatbuffers was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

Stewart Miles

May 16, 2016, 2:42:33 PM5/16/16
to Kenneth Kasajian, FlatBuffers
The group link looks broken it's

Stewart Miles

May 16, 2016, 2:42:48 PM5/16/16
to Kenneth Kasajian, FlatBuffers
Oh and yes, it's maintained.

Wouter van Oortmerssen

May 23, 2016, 6:03:07 PM5/23/16
to Stewart Miles, Kenneth Kasajian, FlatBuffers
Odd, that groups link had been fixed before, somehow regressed.

I'd say the best way to see whether a project is still maintained is by looking at the amount of commits in the last few months, and by that measure FlatBuffers is very active :)