java lookupByKey

Xun Liu

Sep 25, 2016, 1:35:18 AM9/25/16
to FlatBuffers

The generated java lookupByKey() takes a vectorOffset argument e.g. lookupByKey(int vectorOffset, String key, ByteBuffer bb), but how am i supposed to get vectorOffset if I'm not the one who creates the flatbuffer? I don't see any method exposed for that in either Table or the generated java class.

Wouter van Oortmerssen

Oct 3, 2016, 12:22:33 PM10/3/16
to Xun Liu, FlatBuffers
That indeed looks like a bug. Can you open an issue on github and ping @TGIshib (Raman) who created this functionality?

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 10:35 PM, Xun Liu <pas...@gmail.com> wrote:

The generated java lookupByKey() takes a vectorOffset argument e.g. lookupByKey(int vectorOffset, String key, ByteBuffer bb), but how am i supposed to get vectorOffset if I'm not the one who creates the flatbuffer? I don't see any method exposed for that in either Table or the generated java class.

Xun Liu

Oct 3, 2016, 11:31:03 PM10/3/16
to Wouter van Oortmerssen, FlatBuffers

sanderson

Mar 7, 2017, 1:04:40 PM3/7/17
to FlatBuffers, w...@google.com
Hi, any news on this bug? It's been open for a while now...

On Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 4:31:03 AM UTC+1, Xun Liu wrote:
On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 9:22 AM, Wouter van Oortmerssen <w...@google.com> wrote:
That indeed looks like a bug. Can you open an issue on github and ping @TGIshib (Raman) who created this functionality?
On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 10:35 PM, Xun Liu <pas...@gmail.com> wrote:

The generated java lookupByKey() takes a vectorOffset argument e.g. lookupByKey(int vectorOffset, String key, ByteBuffer bb), but how am i supposed to get vectorOffset if I'm not the one who creates the flatbuffer? I don't see any method exposed for that in either Table or the generated java class.

Wouter van Oortmerssen

Mar 8, 2017, 4:32:53 PM3/8/17
to sanderson, FlatBuffers
The author of the original code is working on a fix here, but there are still issues: https://github.com/google/flatbuffers/pull/4173