Add contact button missing if not on local host

Anders Rylander

Feb 5, 2015, 7:00:58 AM2/5/15
to flapjack...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We have installed Flapjack version 1.2.1 on the server and planned to go go live soon.

The issue we see now which I wonder about is:
  When trying to add a contact via the WEB GUI then the green Add Contact button is missing, i.e. no possibility to add contacts via the GUI.
  (Contacts => Edit Contacts => The missing button)
  The only change we have done from a clean configuration is changed web port from 3080 to 8005.

It is working if  we are http://localhost:8005/edit_contacts
But if connecting from another computer to the IP, then to Add Contact button is missing. Is this a bug or have we forgot someting?

Best Regards
 /Anders

Anders Rylander

Feb 5, 2015, 7:53:14 AM2/5/15
to flapjack...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Issues solved.
Changed the data-api-url to correct address

Best Regards
 /Anders

Jesse Reynolds

Feb 5, 2015, 7:55:26 AM2/5/15
to flapjack...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anders,

So that part of the web UI has a JavaScript (Backbone) based interface that needs access to the API. You will need to set the api_url within the web gateway to be a url that works on your browsers for the API.

I hope that helps.

Jesse
--

---