How do you add additional assets folders?

Jeremy McCurdy

Jul 22, 2015, 8:38:49 AM7/22/15
to Flambe
I'd like to add an assets folder named "media" to my builds. Currently, I have the folder added to the project root next to the normal assets folder, I've set my manifest localBase to "media", and I've added media to the assets section in extra_paths part of the YAML. When I make a build, the media folder isn't copied into the build's folder, but when I manually copy the folder over, the assets in it do load. Here's what my extra_paths section looks like

# Additional paths to include in the build.
extra_paths:
  assets: media
#   libs: dir1 dir2
#   src: ../dir1 ../dir2
#   web: ["dir1 with spaces", "dir2"]

What am I missing?

Jeremy McCurdy

Aug 4, 2015, 7:36:02 AM8/4/15
to Flambe
Does anyone have a fix for this? It's pretty frustrating to have to copy over the folder manually every build with new assets.

Bruno Garcia

Aug 4, 2015, 11:40:36 AM8/4/15
to fla...@googlegroups.com
I don't think you want to set Manifest.localBase to "media" here. All the extra_paths.assets option does is include other asset folders that are merged into the final build result. So if your project directory looks like this:

    assets/
        pack1/
    media/
        pack2/

Your build folder will end up like this:

    build/
        assets/
            pack1/
            pack2/

Jeremy McCurdy

Aug 5, 2015, 8:57:41 AM8/5/15
to Flambe, b...@aduros.com
Ah, that would explain it. I Is there a way to change the name of the base assets directory, or is it hard coded to "assets"?

Bruno Garcia

Aug 5, 2015, 7:36:51 PM8/5/15
to Jeremy McCurdy, Flambe
It's not directly supported, but you could set Manifest.localBase to "media" (the default is "assets") and rename the assets folder to media as part of your build process.

Jeremy McCurdy

Aug 6, 2015, 8:56:18 AM8/6/15
to Flambe, jeremy....@redspace.com, b...@aduros.com
Okay, that's what I was doing so at least I'm doing it the right way. Thanks for letting me know.