Wrapping Flambe in CocoonJS?

Jon Grant

May 22, 2015, 1:55:44 PM5/22/15
to fla...@googlegroups.com
Anyone try loading a flambe HTML5 game into CocconJS Wrapper?  Cocoon says it can handle "any game engine", but I was wondering if anyone had real world experience with it.

Bruno Garcia

May 22, 2015, 3:01:17 PM5/22/15
to fla...@googlegroups.com
I haven't tried it personally, but I know many users have gotten it working. Maybe they can chime in with their experiences.

I think the Flambe games in the Nickelodeon app are (were?) powered by CocoonJS.

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Jon Grant <jgr...@cricketmoonmedia.com> wrote:
Anyone try loading a flambe HTML5 game into CocconJS Wrapper?  Cocoon says it can handle "any game engine", but I was wondering if anyone had real world experience with it.

Jon Grant

May 22, 2015, 6:18:09 PM5/22/15
to fla...@googlegroups.com, b...@aduros.com
Yes -  it is running a webview inside of a cocoon JS wrapper - but is loading from the website.  There is another client that wants to use cocoon that bundles the game directly as an app.  My guess is that it will work.  I'll try it out later and report back, but if anyone has tried it, please chime in - thanks!

Bill Deakin

Aug 11, 2015, 3:53:48 AM8/11/15
to Flambe
Hi Jon

Did you ever try bundling directly with Cocoon and if so did you get anywhere with it?  I'm looking for a solution to do that just now and I'm about to try CocoonJS but if you've already tried and found it's not possible I'd be better spending my time looking at an alternative solution!

Cheers

Billy

Jon Grant

Aug 11, 2015, 5:14:59 PM8/11/15
to Flambe
I never tried bundling it in directly to a cocoon app - in the end the app only needed to pull our webpage in externally

Bill Deakin

Aug 12, 2015, 6:31:52 AM8/12/15
to Flambe
OK thanks for replying Jon.  I'm testing it myself now, I'll post back with my results!

Bill Deakin

Aug 14, 2015, 3:50:12 AM8/14/15
to Flambe
Update : We've tested wrapping one of our Flambe games in CocoonJS for iOS with everything bundled into the app and it works like a charm!