Flash Sponsorships?

Arian Allenson Valdez

Apr 23, 2015, 9:16:53 PM4/23/15
to fla...@googlegroups.com
Anyone here come from the flash sponsorship scene?

Any tips challenges you have to face? In particular the biggest I see is the fact that you can't embed assets into the swf!

Also, how do you interface with sponsor preloaders/API?

Arian Allenson Valdez

Apr 24, 2015, 2:14:47 AM4/24/15
to fla...@googlegroups.com
Also, any info tips on getting embedding done?

Emilio Shodi

Apr 24, 2015, 7:14:31 AM4/24/15
to fla...@googlegroups.com
Check out this thread
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/flambe/D3tF7KLMgF8

OBG

Apr 24, 2015, 2:07:26 PM4/24/15
to fla...@googlegroups.com
You can try this out:

https://github.com/OceanBreezeGames/flambe/tree/custom

I forked audros/flambe
Merged with purplepwny/asynch_init
Merged with purplepwny/flash_embedded_assets (this merge had things that needed fixing manually, so I did that).

I my look at the preloader and merging that soon as well.

PS: My first time using github so it may not work right, etc... But it works for my setup.
Make sure you use the custom branch and not the master as that's just a straight fork of audros/flambe

Arian Allenson Valdez

Apr 25, 2015, 10:33:00 AM4/25/15
to fla...@googlegroups.com
Sounds awesome!

Have you had success with sponsorships?

Arian Allenson Valdez

Apr 25, 2015, 11:07:13 PM4/25/15
to fla...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Any tips on getting it to work? I've followed the commands (nom link, haxelib dev, etc. and add embed_assets,width height on my yam, but I get a:

spawn ENOENT

error.

OBG

Apr 26, 2015, 10:11:32 AM4/26/15
to fla...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Have you had success with sponsorships?
I don't know much about the current state of sponorships. I self sponsor everything I make. You can check out FGL.com for more opportunities, sometimes people on talkarcades.com like to sponsor as well.
The 2 issues with flash sponsorship that I see when using flambe are the assets aren't embedded and the game requires wmode=direct. The embedded option is solvable, but the stage3d I'm not sure about as I just started looking into this engine.
The reason stage3d isn't the greatest for web model sponsoring of flash games is because most portals don't have wmode=direct set which results in your game not working there. Great for mobile versions of the game though.

Any tips on getting it to work?
What platform are you working on?
The most likely problem is the new neko binary to put the assets into the swf.

I'm working on windows and this is the new command that was run during the build process:
neko C:\Users\ss2\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\flambe/../bin/hxswfml.n xml2lib build/.cache/swf/hxswfml_asset_lib_def.xml libs/library.swf

Now, what happened with me is there was no directory C:\Users\ss2\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\flambe/../bin/
So I added it and put hxswfml.n in there. Then it ran and worked. You could also find index.js and look for this line:
var BIN_DIR = __dirname + "/../bin/";
Then you could adjust where that bin dir resides.
__dirname is setup by npm and is the current directory where the running script resides (index.js) so you can't adjust that.

Perhaps that's your issue as well?