Games made of components/entities

g.bom...@worldmatch.eu

Apr 21, 2015, 5:27:45 AM4/21/15
to fla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have a very big question about game development: I need to create modular games, where a module/entity can be shared by more than one game, and every module is developed by a different person. I have a loader that can load different games, that load a toolbar, subgames, service handlers.

How can I manage a structure like this?
Someone told me I can put each module inside a IFrame, but this sounds like a very crappy solution.
Someone told me i can put each module inside a DIV, use JQuery and Ajax for asynchronous loading, that sounds a better option even if I don't have a clue on how to do this.

What are your opinions? Any alternative options?
Flash looks a lot easier...
Thanks

Oliver Ross

Apr 21, 2015, 6:36:24 AM4/21/15
to fla...@googlegroups.com, g.bom...@worldmatch.eu

g.bom...@worldmatch.eu

Apr 22, 2015, 3:42:13 AM4/22/15
Il giorno martedì 21 aprile 2015 12:36:24 UTC+2, Oliver Ross ha scritto:
> Maybe with a webview? https://aduros.com/flambe/api/flambe/web/WebView.html

Well, maybe the DIV option is totally wrong and I explained my needs very bad too.
In AS3 I can deploy multiple SWFs: when I run the main SWF it can load external SWfs, containing assets or even complete applications that can be put and rendered on the same stage as the one of the main SWF.
How can I do the same thing in Haxe/Flambe when targeting HTML5? I can deploy multiple entities representing my components (i.e.: the main game, the toolbar, the subgames etc), but how do I run/load one from inside another one?

We need to keep components separate, as they are maintained by different coders: updating one component should not force recompiling all applications using it. Is it possible or I have to surrender and create a monolithic application?