Incorrect values from System.stage.height on iOS home screen

Bill Deakin

Apr 18, 2014, 8:48:01 AM4/18/14
to fla...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'm seeing an odd value from System.stage.height after adding a Flambe game to the iOS home screen (by opening in Mobile Safari, clicking share, and then Add to homescreen)

I first noticed that some elements were in the wrong positions, and quickly realised that these were sprites with positions relative to the bottom of the screen.

I created a little test app with a couple of test sprites that show System.stage.width and System.stage.height and update them each frame.  In the browser everything is fine - rotate the device and the height and width are always shown correct.  After adding to the home screen however, I'm seeing the width and height the same (1024 pixels) in landscape (but the correct 768x1024 in portrait)

I thought maybe it was a bug due to a specific version of iOS but I've tested it now on several iPads (both retina and non-retina) and iPhone and I get the same problem all the time...

Any ideas?

Billy