Hacking...

Bill Deakin

Apr 18, 2014, 6:28:35 AM4/18/14
to fla...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I have a very simple problem which I'm struggling to resolve...

I have a game running in an iFrame (Flash target) which needs to open a URL in the parent window.

I'm using flash.Lib.getURL(new URLRequest(myURL)); but that doesn't accept a parameter for _parent or _top (_blank is hard coded into the URLRequest.  So, I figured I'd just clone Flambe and change _blank to _top)

I tried following the hacking section of the readme but just got a bunch of errors.  Here's what I'm doing...

cd to my project directory
type: sudo npm link ./command
Enter password at prompt, then I get:

The authenticity of host 'github.com (192.30.252.128)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is...
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

I type yes and then I get a bunch of errors:

npm ERR! git clone g...@github.com:./command Cloning into bare repository '/Users/billy/.npm/_git-remotes/git-github-com-command-861c7022'...
npm ERR! git clone g...@github.com:./command Warning: Permanently added 'github.com,192.30.252.128' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
npm ERR! git clone g...@github.com:./command Permission denied (publickey).
npm ERR! git clone g...@github.com:./command fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

etc. (there are a bunch more of these)

So I changed tack.... I just downloaded the repository and then copied /src/flambe to the /src in my project and then did:

haxelib dev flambe ./src

That seemed to work fine so to check I added a trace to the new method in Sprite.hx just to check that it was indeed building from the cloned library and it works fine when I build for HTML, but when I build for Flash I get this error:

src/flambe/platform/flash/Stage3DBatcher.hx:17: characters 7-18 : Class not found : hxsl.Shader
src/flambe/System.hx:31: lines 31-242 : Defined in this class

Any idea what is causing that?  Is the way I cloned Flambe a problem?

Billy

Bill Deakin

Nov 10, 2014, 8:26:12 AM11/10/14
to fla...@googlegroups.com
Really old post but I came across this again with another project and there's an easy solution so thought I'd post back in case it helps someone else.  Just pull in this library and drop it into /src to get it compiling OK!