Invitation to Repair Café Palo Alto 5th Anniversary Party

Fixit Clinic

Nov 2, 2017, 1:50:49 PM11/2/17
to Fixit Clinic
Hi Fixit Coaches:

Peter Skinner, founder of Repair Café Palo Alto, invites us to attend their 5th Anniversary celebration after their Repair Café Sunday.

RSVP to Volu...@RepairCafe-PaloAlto.org if you plan to 1) attend the celebration 2) participate as a volunteer, or 3) both.

(A bunch of Fixit Coaches participated in the 2nd Repair Café Palo Alto (photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/XFq8z35mlfkPuU3I3))

-Peter

On Oct 30, 2017, at 8:33 PM, Repair Café <pe...@repaircafe-paloalto.org> wrote:

By the way, we are celebrating 5 years on Nov 5 at 3, after our event.   Would love to have you join us if convenient for you.

Best,

Peter

Repair Cafe volunteers:
Help us celebrate our FIFTH ANNIVERSARY on November 5 by either:
1) participating as a volunteer; 2) coming to the after-party; or 3) BOTH!

We will open the Repair Cafe from 11 to 2, then shut down for a little birthday celebration, beginning around 3 (or sooner).

====================================================================================================================
If you'd like to volunteer for the event, please read the rest of this message below and reply to this message with a “confirmed” in the message body.

PLEASE NOTE NEW REQUEST FOR INFORMATION UNDER ‘WHAT TO BRING’ BELOW.

If you are a new volunteer, please be sure to tell us your preferred volunteer role (see below).

If you've never volunteered before and would like more information, contact me.  We welcome new participants.

EVENT DETAILS
When
Event day: Sunday, NOVEMBER 5
Event Hours: Runs from 11am to 2pm; celebration following close
Volunteer orientation: begins 10:30 sharp.  Please show up in time to get signed in, set up and be ready to participate. If you cannot make it at that time, let me know and upon arrival find John Eaton if you're a fixer and Libby Dame if you're another type of volunteer.

We are looking for a few volunteers to help with general setup, starting at 9:30 am.  This would include setting up tables, chairs and awnings, stringing extension cords, and setting out coffee and bagels.  If you're available, please let me know.

We ask fixers to finish projects by 2:15 pm.

Where
We'll be behind the Museum of American Heritage (www.moah.org) at 351 Homer Avenue, Palo Alto.  There is a driveway to the left of the museum building which we will keep clear for drop offs only.  You may drive in to drop stuff off and then find parking on the street.

What to bring
We will have work stations set up with power, basic tools, vises and an inventory of supplies on hand for basic repairs.  Please bring some of your favorite tools that you normally rely on to get things done.

NEW QUESTION:  please tell us what special/unusual/important tools you plan to bring, so we can put that info in our records and make others aware.

We will have lunch and drinks for all volunteers to get you through the day, so no need to bring food.  Please do bring a water bottle so you can easily stay hydrated and we can reduce waste.

Volunteer Roles
To help us better manage the day, please let us know your preferred role.  Below are some general categories, but don’t worry, we can always switch things up if needed.
  1. Sewing, Jewelry...
  2. Bikes
  3. Computer-related (laptops, CPUs, peripherals, smart phones...),
  4. Complex Appliances/Electronics (dvd, cd, stereos, things with chips...),
  5. General Appliances (lamps, vacuums...),
  6. Mechanical (mowers, blowers,..).
  7. Hospitality/Logistics

Thanks again for your participation.  Please contact me if you have any questions or comments.

Peter Skinner