LAST CALL: Fixit Coach Saturday Dec 5 in San Francisco

Fixit Clinic

Dec 2, 2015, 12:02:52 PM12/2/15
to Fixit Clinic, ammeze
Hi Fixit Coaches (and FYI cc: Amy Zehring):

We’ve got a Fixit Clinic THIS Saturday (Dec 5) 11AM in San Francisco: can you coach that day? Sign up here: http://goo.gl/xS1MRK

The Fixit Clinic’s at the Richmond District Neighborhood Center at 741 30th Avenue in the Richmond District. We had Fixit Clinic #48 here in April 2013 (photos here: https://photos.google.com/u/0/album/AF1QipPJ90yMZelJFS3M_j4KWuO9okIt-Y2xs7chkeOG and here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.517548068291159.1073741827.143672372345399&type=3

If you’re unloading equipment there’s a loading area / small parking lot behind the Center on 31st Avenue. The event is being advertised at 11-3 because the Bike Mobile will be there from 11-3; we can leave at 2PM if we want or stay — our choice.

The we'll try to organize carpools from the East Bay; please indicate on the coach's sign in form whether you can offer carpooling or request to carpool; I'll reimburse for gas if that's a consideration.

At this point the coaches who've said they’re coming are:

moss...@outlook.com Andrea Moss - needs carpool from Albany
berk...@r3dm.com Berkeley Martinez
stev...@gmail.com Steve Berl - offering carpool
pete...@gmail.com Peter Mui (me) (arriving early to set up)

Anyone else want to join in on the fun?

See the text announcement and flyer below: feel free to forward it along.

Hope to see you there, -Peter

Fixit Clinic CXXXII (#132) - San Francisco

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND: Our inaugural Richmond District Neighborhood Center Fixit Clinic in April 2013 was a phenomenal success with a grand time had by participants and Fixit Coaches alike (see photos on Google+ here: https://goo.gl/photos/gTSMDgUumXJbfDiR8) Don’t miss this one!

Fix your broken stuff -- Or at least learn more about it disassembling it.

An All-Ages Do-it-Together (D.I.T) repair event: bring your broken, non-functioning things -- electronics, appliances, computers, toys, bicycles, etc.-- for assessment, disassembly, and possible repair. We'll provide workspace, specialty tools, and guidance to help you disassemble and troubleshoot your item. Whether we fix it or not, you'll learn more about how it was manufactured and how it worked. This is a family-friendly event: accompanied children are heartily invited!

WHAT:   Fixit Clinic CXXXII (#132) - San Francisco
WHEN:  Sunday, Dec 5, 2015 11AM-2PM
WHERE: Richmond District Neighborhood Center, 741 30th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94121 http://rdnc.org
HOW:  Register at http://goo.gl/qTzh9J then
- Bring your broken item (carry-in only: no oversize items)
- Bring parts and tools that might be helpful
- Come ready to describe what’s wrong and what you’ve tried
- Come ready to share what you know with others
Walk-ins always welcome but please register in advance so we can get an idea of what’s coming: http://goo.gl/qTzh9J
COST:   Free!
WHY:    To make friends, learn how things work, and have fun!

More into on Fixit Clinic at www.fixitclinic.org

WANNA HELP OTHERS at Fixit Clinic by being a Fixit Coach? Register here: http://goo.gl/xS1MRK

Kent Leech

Dec 4, 2015, 8:49:26 PM12/4/15
to fixit...@gmail.com, Fixit Clinic
I just signed up for tomorrow. Steve/Andrea- want to carpool?
-----

Kent Leech Illustration
http://www.kentleech.com
ke...@kentleech.com
+1 (510) 504-0634

From: Fixit Clinic <fixit...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 09:02:50 -0800
To: Fixit Clinic <fixit-...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: ammeze <amm...@gmail.com>
Subject: LAST CALL: Fixit Coach Saturday Dec 5 in San Francisco

Hi Fixit Coaches (and FYI cc: Amy Zehring):

We’ve got a Fixit Clinic THIS Saturday (Dec 5) 11AM in San Francisco: can you coach that day? Sign up here: http://goo.gl/xS1MRK

The Fixit Clinic’s at the Richmond District Neighborhood Center at 741 30th Avenue in the Richmond District. We had Fixit Clinic #48 here in April 2013 (photos here: https://photos.google.com/u/0/album/AF1QipPJ90yMZelJFS3M_j4KWuO9okIt-Y2xs7chkeOG and here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.517548068291159.1073741827.143672372345399&type=3 <https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.517548068291159.1073741827.143672372345399&amp;type=3>
More into on Fixit Clinic at www.fixitclinic.org <http://www.fixitclinic.org>

WANNA HELP OTHERS at Fixit Clinic by being a Fixit Coach? Register here: http://goo.gl/xS1MRK

Steve Berl

Dec 5, 2015, 12:42:45 AM12/5/15
to Kent Leech, Fixit Clinic, Fixit Clinic
I've already got me, Peter and Andrea in my Prius, so with tools and all it will be pretty full.
We could try to squeeze you in if you are desperate. I know you travel light :-)

-steve
--
-steve

KO

Dec 5, 2015, 12:09:49 PM12/5/15
to fixit-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I definitely won't be joining you. I forgot a previous commitment!
have fun!
KO
Also, steve, I lost that hive but there may bee others

Steve Berl

Dec 5, 2015, 12:16:15 PM12/5/15
to BahrBe...@sonic.net, fixit-...@googlegroups.com
See you next time. -steve