The Repair Fair this Sunday 5/17, 1-4pm, Oakland

1 view

Fixit Clinic

May 13, 2015, 11:47:33 PM5/13/15
to Fixit Clinic
Hi Fixit Coaches:

Can you coach at the Repair Fair in Oakland this Sunday? See the flyer below.

If yes; please sign up here: https://goo.gl/xS1MRK

Right now the Fixit Coaches signed up are:

Kent Leech
Roy Henrichs

It’d be nice to have more.

-Peter

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jamie Facciola <jamie...@gmail.com>
Subject: The Repair Fair is happening this Sunday! 5/17, 1-4pm, Oakland -- Local Options to Fix the Things You Love
Date: May 13, 2015 at 1:38:32 PM EDT
To: Jamie Facciola <jamie...@gmail.com>

Hello!

Are you curious about what to do or where to go when your favorite things break?

Then please join the Sustainable Business Alliance at its first ever Repair Fair THIS SUNDAY May 17, from 1-4pm at 401 26th Street, Oakland, CA 94612.  (Bart and carpooling are encouraged!)
  • See exciting demonstrations from local professionals
  • Meet the pros and ask questions
  • Join in guided disassembly with volunteers from Fixit Clinic
  • Watch the Story of Stuff short film
  • Participate in the sharing economy
  • and more!

Check out our press coverage here

This free event will highlight the many repair resources available in our local community. Gathered in one place, meet the local repair shops who are committed to repairing your broken things so you can continue to enjoy and use what you love!

Learn more and RSVP at Eventbrite & like and share the Facebook event page too!

Repair Fair_Fix What You Love_ May 17 2015.JPG
Repair Fair_Fix What You Love_ May 17 2015.pdf

Steve Berl

May 17, 2015, 12:38:11 PM5/17/15
to Fixit Clinic, Fixit Clinic
No Maker Faire for me today. 2 days was enough. So, I think I will be able to come for a part of it.

-steve

Let’s fix stuff, waste less, support local business, and create community!

Disclaimer: Although it will be possible to have some things repaired on-site, due to time and space constraints, many things won’t be able to be fixed at the Fair. Please leave large and cumbersome broken items at home. Contact information for all vendors will be available on-site, so you can follow up at your convenience.

Tell your friends and I hope to see you there!

Thanks,
Jamie Facciola
Community Engagement Planner