Can You Coach Oct 31 at Fremont Main Library?

Fixit Clinic

Aug 19, 2015, 5:23:26 PM8/19/15
to Fixit Clinic
Hi Fixit Coaches:

We've got a Fixit Clinic scheduled at the Fremont Main Library on Oct 31 from 1PM to 4PM. Can you coach that day?

Here's the Fixit Clinic event listing on Google+: https://plus.google.com/events/cildprnl2204toag3lutknqr7fs
And the Fixit Clinic event listing on Facebook :https://www.facebook.com/events/927442500662120/
(It’s not on the Library’s web site yet)

It's a beautiful modern library and we're in the main Community Room just off the lobby. We'll have snacks and refreshments for all the coaches.

I recognize that Fremont's somewhat distant so we'll try to organize carpools; I'll reimburse for gas if that's a consideration.

Please check in on the coach's sign in form, indicate whether you can offer carpooling or request to carpool: http://goo.gl/xS1MRK

Hope you can make it, -Peter

A Frightfully Fruitful Fixit Clinic at Fremont Main Library

Fix your broken stuff -- Or at least learn more about it disassembling it.

An All-Ages Do-it-Together (D.I.T) repair event: bring your broken, non-functioning things -- electronics, appliances, computers, toys, bicycles, etc.-- for assessment, disassembly, and possible repair. We'll provide workspace, specialty tools, and guidance to help you disassemble and troubleshoot your item. Whether we fix it or not, you'll learn more about how it was manufactured and how it worked. This is a family-friendly event: (supervised) children are heartily invited!

WHAT:   Fixit Clinic CXXIII (#123) - Fremont Main Library
WHEN:  Saturday, Oct 31, 2015 1PM-4PM (Halloween!)
WHERE: Fremont Main Library, 2400 Stevenson Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538 http://guides.aclibrary.org/Fremont
HOW:      Bring: 1) your broken or non-working thing (carry-in only: no oversize items)
     2) accessories and tools you already own that might be helpful (e.g. phillips head screwdriver)
     3) any knowledge or advance research you've done on the issue
     4) boxes, bags and/or small containers to organize (and carry away) parts.
Walk-ins always welcome but please register in advance so we can get an idea of what’s coming: http://goo.gl/qTzh9J
COST:   Free!
WHY:    To make friends, learn how things work, and have fun!

More into on Fixit Clinic at www.fixitclinic.org

WANNA HELP OTHERS at Fixit Clinic by being a Fixit Coach? Register here: http://goo.gl/xS1MRK

Steve Berl

Aug 19, 2015, 10:14:52 PM8/19/15
to fixit...@gmail.com, Fixit Clinic
Halloween! Need to start thinking about my costume

-steve

Kent Leech

Aug 19, 2015, 10:19:13 PM8/19/15
to fixit...@gmail.com, Fixit Clinic
Yeah, me, too. Wear to the clinic, obviously! Mine will probably involve the violet ray again.
-----

Kent Leech Illustration
http://www.kentleech.com
ke...@kentleech.com
+1 (510) 504-0634

From: Steve Berl <stev...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 19:14:51 -0700
To: "fixit...@gmail.com" <fixit...@gmail.com>
Cc: Fixit Clinic <fixit-...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Can You Coach Oct 31 at Fremont Main Library?
More into on Fixit Clinic at www.fixitclinic.org <http://www.fixitclinic.org>

WANNA HELP OTHERS at Fixit Clinic by being a Fixit Coach? Register here: http://goo.gl/xS1MRK

image.jpg
image.jpg

KO

Aug 22, 2015, 1:02:36 AM8/22/15
to fixit-...@googlegroups.com
OoooOOOOoooo
I have some holloween stuff from the B&G that needs fixing...
Not sure at this moment if I can make it, but will try
KO