Fabric Fixit Clinic 7PM Jan 22, Albany Community Center

1 view

Fixit Clinic

Nov 10, 2014, 6:38:05 PM11/10/14
to fixit-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fixit Coaches:

CC, Nicole Hunter (new Fixit Coach -- welcome!), and I have been coordinating with Pam Tellew <pamt...@gmail.com> of the Albany Clothing Swap to have a combined Clothing Swap and Fixit Clinic event 7PM-9PM(?) Thursday Jan 22. (This will be advertised in the Albany Activities Guide and on their website.)

CC's bringing extra working sewing machines so people can mend their own clothing. We'll also ask people to bring their sewing machines from home to learn how to sew better and/or to get them tuned up (i.e.: "bring your machine and get a refresher on how to thread and use it")

So this is not a full-on Fixit Clinic per se, but we need some Fixit Coaches on hand to help with any home machines that might need tuning. Can you coach? If yes: please sign up for this event on the new Google form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sVnRoEmZNP-4NJRA-ZOKkax4Zo5sp3ZzVPjvw8Mh7pc/viewform

My long-term hope is that we'll incorporate more fabric repair into future Fixit Clinics.

Hope to see you at an upcoming event, -Peter

Joan Moriyama

Nov 10, 2014, 7:48:27 PM11/10/14
to fixit...@gmail.com, fixit-...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to volunteer -- it's Joan from a few years back. I can't fix sewing machines, but a lot of times it seemed like people inherited a machine that they didn't know how to thread which I can do and help out on the sewing part. Not sure if that's really what you need.

Also I upgraded to a better machine, and have my old machine that needs it's timing fixed. Not worth spending the $80 bucks to fix it, but if we fixed it at the clinic -- I'd happily give it away to someone. Right now it's just a hunk of metal taking up room.

- joan