LAST CALL: Fixit Clinic THIS SATURDAY Oct 8 Newark Library: Can You Coach?

Fixit Clinic

Oct 6, 2016, 2:00:58 PM10/6/16
to Fixit Clinic
Hi Fixit Coaches:

We've got a Fixit Clinic scheduled for THIS SATURDAY Oct 8 at the Newark Library from 1PM to 4PM. Can you coach that day? Please sign up at http://goo.gl/xS1MRK

Newark Librarian Barbara Telford-Ishida has scheduled Fixit Clinics for (September,) October and November (see flyer attached below.)

See photos from September’s inaugural Fixit Clinic at the Newark Library here: https://goo.gl/photos/B8NX5G7UZcJJj16HA

Here's the Fixit Clinic event listing for the Oct 8 Fixit Clinic on Google+: https://plus.google.com/events/c745p9hfaut2d0us8io5ei6il1c
And the Fixit Clinic event listing for the Oct 8 Fixit Clinic on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1759974100956771/

I recognize that Newark’s somewhat distant so we'll try to organize carpools; I'll reimburse for gas (and tolls) if that's a consideration.

So far the coaches signed up are:

Cecelia “CC” Clark (carpooling from Oakland with Peter)
Sandra (Gothmom) Stewart (new: Welcome!)
Joe Margevicius
Lovejit Kharod
Mike Barbaro - can drive carpool from Castro Valley
Peter Mui (picking up CC in Oakland)
Sarah Foster-Peck - looking for carpool from Castro Valley (hey, a match!)
Plus Barbara’s complement of coaches: Craig, (Lovejit), Todd

(Sewing coaches: the Newark library has lots of sewing machines so there’s no need to bring yours.)

Please check in on the coach's sign in form, indicate whether you can offer carpooling or need a carpool: http://goo.gl/xS1MRK
Please sign up on the coach's sign up form at http://goo.gl/xS1MRK

Hope you can make it, -Peter

=============================
Fixit Clinic CLXXXII (182) Newark Library Newark, CA

Fixit Clinics are scheduled in the Newark Library for September, October, and November!

Calling all handywomen and handymen and handy kids, or wannabe and junior handypersons, tinkerers and sewers!

An All-ages do-it-together hands-on STEM-oriented fix-n-learn community-based discovery, disassembly, and repair: bring your broken, non-functioning things -- electronics, appliances, computers, toys, sewing machines, bicycles, and clothes, etc.-- for assessment, disassembly, and possible repair. We'll provide workspace, specialty tools, and guidance to help you disassemble and troubleshoot your item. Whether we fix it or not, you'll learn more about how it was manufactured and how it worked.

——————————————————————————————

WHAT: Fixit Clinic CLXXXII (182) - Newark Library, Newark, CA
WHEN: Saturday, Oct 8 1PM-4PM
WHERE: Newark Library, 6300 Terrace Av, Newark, CA 94560
HOW: Register at http://goo.gl/qTzh9J then
- Bring your broken item (carry-in only: no oversize items)
- Bring parts and tools that might be helpful (e.g. sewing supplies)
- Come ready to describe what’s wrong and what you’ve tried
- Come ready to learn and to share what you already know with others
WHO: All ages welcome: a family-friendly event: accompanied children are heartily invited!
COST: Free!
WHY: To make friends, learn and teach how to fix things, and have fun!
More into on Fixit Clinic at www.fixitclinic.org

WANNA HELP OTHERS at Fixit Clinic by being a Fixit Coach? Register here:

Newark Fixit Clinic Fall 2016 Flier.pdf