Fixit Clinic THIS Sat June 18 Castro Valley Library: Can You Coach?

Fixit Clinic

Jun 13, 2016, 7:56:21 PM6/13/16
to Fixit Clinic
Hi Fixit Coaches:

We’ve got a combination Fixit Clinic and Swap ‘n Sew at the Castro Valley Library THIS Sat June 18, 1PM to 4PM: can you coach? The Castro Valley Library is easily BART-able or please indicate if you need or can offer a carpool when you sign up: http://goo.gl/xS1MRK

See it on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1036480699723032/
See it on Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cuu661omc3nrqdi00ij4tajosic
Photos from our last Fixit Clinic at the Castro Valley Library are on Google+ here: https://goo.gl/photos/gno6Dyt9SakMfpHX8, this time we’re in the large room just off the main lobby.

If advance signups are any indicator we’re going to be very busy: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WO1idVUYij4S_-zdrJQbUe1hdL9Vza_VH8O52NU5mG4/edit?usp=sharing, it’d be really great if you can be a coach. So far the coaches signed up are:

Peter Mui (me)
Mike Barbaro-new
Robert Fong-new
Ron Eversole
Sarah Foster-Peck
Steve Berl (can bring 1-2 people from Piedmont/Oakland — thanks Steve!)

See the .pdf flyer and the text below:

Hope to see you there!

Sincerely, Peter

=============================
Fixit Clinic CLXVI (166) Castro Valley Library

Calling all handywomen and handymen and handy kids, or wannabe and junior handypersons, tinkerers and sewers! This is a special combination Fixit Clinic and Swap ‘n Sew at the Castro Valley Library.

FIXIT CLINIC: All-ages do-it-together hands-on STEM-oriented fix-n-learn community-based discovery, disassembly, and repair: bring your broken, non-functioning things -- electronics, appliances, computers, toys, bicycles, (sewing machines and clothes - see below) etc.-- for assessment, disassembly, and possible repair. We'll provide workspace, specialty tools, and guidance to help you disassemble and troubleshoot your item. Whether we fix it or not, you'll learn more about how it was manufactured and how it worked.

SWAP ‘N SEW: Bring your clean and washed, usable, but no longer wanted used clothes to swap for some "new to you" clothes. Bring fabric items you want to mend, your sewing machine (we will have one available if you don’t have one), and any sewing notions you need or want to donate (thread, buttons, patches, pins, etc.) We’ll help you repair your favorite fabric items, help reacquaint you with your sewing machine, and help you repair your non-working sewing machine.

——————————————————————————————

WHAT: Fixit Clinic CLXVI (166) - Castro Valley Library
WHEN: Saturday, Jun 18 1PM-4PM
WHERE: Castro Valley Library, 3600 Norbridge Ave., Castro Valley, CA 94546
HOW: Register at http://goo.gl/qTzh9J then
- Bring your broken item (carry-in only: no oversize items)
- Bring parts and tools that might be helpful (e.g. sewing supplies)
- Come ready to describe what’s wrong and what you’ve tried
- Come ready to learn and to share what you already know with others
WHO: All ages welcome: a family-friendly event: accompanied children are heartily invited!
COST: Free!
WHY: To make friends, learn and teach how to fix things, and have fun!

More into on Fixit Clinic at www.fixitclinic.org

WANNA HELP OTHERS at Fixit Clinic by being a Fixit Coach? Register here: http://goo.gl/xS1MRK
Fixit Clinic Flyer_2016-05-27.pdf

Steve Berl

Jun 13, 2016, 8:03:51 PM6/13/16
to Fixit Clinic, Fixit Clinic
Change of plan. Wish I could, but I won't be able to make it to this Sunday Fixit Clinic ;-(

Have fun,

-steve

-steve