Outputting results alongside files when running against subdirectories

Josh Morgan

Sep 2, 2015, 10:42:29 AM9/2/15
to fits-users
Hi, I want to run FITs against images we had digitized, but the image file names are not unique. The only thing unique about them is their folder path. So when I run -r, my outputs all get thrown into one folder together and have duplicate names.

Is there a way to run the command to drop outputs where the files are?

David Birtwell

Sep 3, 2015, 4:52:08 PM9/3/15
to fits-users
Josh:

Currently there is no way to preserve folder path when running FITS in recursive mode.

Sorry,

Dave B.

Josh Morgan

Sep 4, 2015, 2:11:35 PM9/4/15
to fits-users
Thanks. I just worked around that by printing the directory path for each file type that I wanted and then concatenated in Excel: call + fit.bats -i + "directory to file path.tif" + -xc -o + "directory to file path".xml

I then dropped all the commands (have to have call in order for command line to move to the next) into a text document and changed the extension to .bat and ran that. Dropped the xml files next to their source files.