Firebug 3.0 and Firefox 46

aa...@aaronolin.com

May 5, 2016, 9:47:34 AM5/5/16
to Firebug
Is anyone else having any issues with Firebug 3.0 on Firefox 46? Attached is how my Firebug 3.0 setup looks like on my Macbook Pro with El Capitan. I have some missing window icons (to close, minimize, maximize, etc) and some text jumping down from status icons.

I would switch to Firebug 2.0, but I heard it's missing the Layout tab, and other tabs in the Inspector view. Any insight on this would be awesome.

Thank you in advance!

firebug3+FF46.jpg

Sebastian Zartner

May 5, 2016, 4:43:10 PM5/5/16
to Firebug

It looks fine for me on Windows 10.

Are you using Firebug 3.0.0 beta 3 from http://getfirebug.com/releases/firebug/3.0/?
Is that also happening when you install Firebug on a fresh Firefox profile?

Sebastian

aa...@aaronolin.com

May 5, 2016, 11:23:19 PM5/5/16
to Firebug
I am running Firebug 3.0 Beta 3 on Firefox 46.0.1 now, on a fresh profile, and it's still producing the same results on Mac. See screenshot
firebug3+freshInstall.jpg

Sebastian Zartner

May 6, 2016, 3:06:24 AM5/6/16
to Firebug
I see. I've created issue #471 for that, so it can be fixed.
One more question: Is the layout also broken on Firefox Nightly?

Sebastian

aa...@aaronolin.com

May 6, 2016, 11:56:36 AM5/6/16
to Firebug
Firefox Nightly is actually okay, so that's good news! I'll monitor issue 471, thanks for your help!

aa...@aaronolin.com

Jun 8, 2016, 11:27:43 AM6/8/16
to Firebug

I went ahead and waited patiently for Firefox 47 to come out, because this is still an issue on my machine. I know I said it was fixed, but after more use, it was back to the same again and I just thought I would wait till 47 came out, so I uninstalled firefox on my Mac, and installed ONLY Firebug 3.0 and Firefox 47, but the issue was still there. I made sure I deleted my Firefox profile on the filesystem as well. I don't know why it works well in Nightly, but regular Firefox, with no profile, the layout is still broken. You can see the screenshots attached. UPDATE: I also fired up my old Mac Mini, which did not have Firefox on it, and installed Firefox 47 and Firebug 3.0, and Firebug is still having a layout issue on Mac only.

snip20160607_8

aa...@aaronolin.com

Jun 9, 2016, 1:16:16 PM6/9/16
to Firebug
Alright, so I was able to download Firefox 48 Beta 1, and now Firebug 3.0 is working properly. I would just use nightly, but since I use lastpass, it kind of bogs down my browser, unless it's another add on, but disabling lastpass helps out.

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jun 10, 2016, 2:19:48 AM6/10/16
to Firebug
Please read this post:
https://blog.getfirebug.com/2016/06/07/unifying-firebug-firefox-devtools/

Firebug.next (aka Firebug 3) is now shipped with DevTools so, you don't have to install any extension.

Honza

aa...@aaronolin.com

Jun 14, 2016, 12:26:16 PM6/14/16
to Firebug
Ah!! That's awesome news! It looks like it's going to be packaged with Firefox 49 though? As an update, I actually installed Firefox 48 beta 1, and Firebug Next is working great again! I would use Nightly, but it locks up because I believe LastPass? and I need that for work :( but again, this is excellent news!

Thank you!

Sebastian Zartner

Jun 15, 2016, 3:10:35 AM6/15/16
to Firebug
The Firebug theme already ships with Firefox 48 beta 1, so you can just uninstall Firebug 3. (A browser restart may be required afterwards.)

Sebastian