Debugging control buttons disabled upon encountering a breakpoint

Borek Lupoměský

May 19, 2015, 5:48:19 AM5/19/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com

See this screenshot. Firebug's debugger just encountered a breakpoint, but the  "run", "step in", "step over" buttons are inaccessible. That means there's no way to continue execution of the scripts. What's wrong? Firebug 2.0.9 on FF 38.0.1 (tried two different Windows install, same behaviour, Linux FF 37 with 2.0.9 -- same behaviour as well).

Also, upon encountering the breakpoint, the yellow triangle won't appear, but when you switch to console tab and back, it will appear. This definitely looks like a bug to me.

Borek

Andrew Lay

Jun 20, 2015, 2:06:55 AM6/20/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Getting the exact same issue! Thought I was going crazy. Running Firebug 2.0.11 on OSX Firefox 38

Sebastian Zartner

Jun 20, 2015, 4:26:29 AM6/20/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I can't reproduce this on Windows 8.1 + Firefox 38.0.5 + Firebug 2.0.11.
Could it be that this is related to Firebug being detached? If you have it detached like Borek, please reattach it and see if that fixes the problem.

Sebastian