Problem (bug) with multiple display with several windows opened : display and refresh all windows for each command

Bernard Tremblay

Oct 24, 2016, 5:44:52 AM10/24/16
to Firebug
Hi,

The title is may be sufficient.

I uses Firebug with an extended desk and often opened (createded) windows of firefox.

If the studied tab is displayed on the second screen and the firebug on the main one, each action to iterate into a script will :

- reopen all windows (if reduced) and /or reset order of display of the second screen and most of time over the window of the studied tab.

This is quite long and need user action to reduce or move the window opened over, this for each line of the script.

If the display is on the main (1) screen and the firebug on the second, each action will do quite the same but as the firebug is on top it will remain.
Then is this case no action of user is required, but it is long.

It is probably just a test to extend to the second screen to avoid this effect.

Best regards

Trebly

Sebastian Zartner

Oct 25, 2016, 3:06:50 AM10/25/16
to Firebug
I remember there were several issues with Firebug being detached into a separate window. I assume you are referring to issue #7623.

A workaround for this problem is to use Firebug in attached mode, i.e. do not have it as a separate window.

As I wrote in the other thread you started, Firebug as extension is going away, so you are advised to use the Firefox DevTools, which do not have this problem.

Sebastian