Script Panel and Dom Inspector

Cory

Jun 19, 2014, 1:50:16 AM6/19/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
When using the Firefox Dom Inspector to inspect chrome://browser/content/browser.xul, and inspect any page/site with Firebug, on the Script Panel it shows "No Javascript on this page". Without the Firefox Dom Inspector Firebug shows the Javascript in the Script Panel. How can I inspect Firebog Script Panel with Firefox Dom Inspector?

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jun 19, 2014, 2:21:27 AM6/19/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I am using DOM Inspector and Firebug combo quite often and I don't see the problem. Can you please provide detailed instructions how to reproduce it?

Something like as follows:

1) Open Firebug
2) Load http://www....
3) Select the Script panel
4) ...

Honza

Cory

Jun 20, 2014, 8:06:52 AM6/20/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com

1) Firefox Tools > DOM Inspector
2) Inspect page via Firebug and select Script Panel tab
3) Reopen same page with Script Panel tab selected (to verify)

Here are screenshots:

Firefox DOM Inspector and Firebug not seeing Javascript on page.

Firefox without DOM Inspector and Firebug seeing Javascrpt on page.

- Cory

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jun 20, 2014, 9:02:25 AM6/20/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Ah, this is because Firebug doesn't support inspection of chrome resources.
You should use browser toolbox
https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Tools/Browser_Toolbox

Honza

Cory

Jun 21, 2014, 10:55:17 AM6/21/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Will take some getting used to but I think I like this better than the FF DOM Inspector! :P
Thanks!