Firebug 2.0.18

Jan Honza Odvarko

Oct 11, 2016, 7:37:28 AM10/11/16
to Firebug

Gu kO

Nov 21, 2016, 6:28:59 AM11/21/16
to Firebug
Hello,

I've installed this version. When I inspect an element, firebug opens, but it not inspects the element and when I click Inspect button again, firebug closes. With old versions, I was pointing elements with firebug..
Can you tell me, is this changable option, or firebug does not have pointer any more?

Thanks..

JBayo

Nov 22, 2016, 4:01:50 AM11/22/16
to Firebug
Hey,

since the new Firefox upgrade to version 50.0 with Firebug version 2.0.18, it is triggering an error on angular based sites. Basically I can load the site with Firebug switched off, then I can open it and inspect the elements and works fine. But if I load the site (or refresh the page) with the plugin switched on then it fires the error.

The error is this one:

TypeError: dbg is undefined
debuggerLib.js (line 556)

I've tried to uninstall Firebug, rename the profile folder and reinstall it as described in here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27184191/typeerror-dbg-is-undefined-in-angularjs?answertab=active#tab-top but nothing changed.

Cheers

Sebastian Zartner

Nov 22, 2016, 7:50:33 AM11/22/16
to Firebug
The development of Firebug is discontinued. See https://blog.getfirebug.com/2016/06/07/unifying-firebug-firefox-devtools/.
Firebug won't work anymore once multi-process Firefox is enabled and features like the Script panel are already starting to break. Therefore you are advised to switch to the Firefox DevTools instead (which provide a Firebug theme to make the transition not too hard).

I've just started to write a migration guide. Please post any Firebug features you miss in the DevTools at https://groups.google.com/d/topic/firebug/Q6eyvGt6hyI/discussion.

Sebastian

Alexander K

Nov 28, 2016, 12:52:21 PM11/28/16
to Firebug

Dont work with FireFox 50

Sebastian Zartner

Nov 30, 2016, 4:52:21 AM11/30/16
to Firebug
Alexander, please read my previous message or my answer on a related Stack Overflow thread.

Sebastian

ncos...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2016, 7:10:49 AM12/15/16
to Firebug
Thanks for all the years of hard work! Would anyone be interested in continuing Firebug development?

fr...@sonarlogic.biz

Dec 26, 2016, 3:16:19 AM12/26/16
to Firebug
Firebug needs to write its own browser. Firefox sucks. The only reason I use it is because of Firebug. Chrome's development tools (and other development tools) cannot match Firebug's power and user-friendliness. Unfortunately, the new interface of Firebug sucks, like Firefox. I like the Firebug from 3 months ago and earlier versions.

fr...@sonarlogic.biz

Dec 26, 2016, 3:16:19 AM12/26/16
to Firebug
Hi. I've been using Firebug for around 7 years now. Sorry to say but this new version sucks. The interface is confusing and some of the functions are not working as intended. I like the old Firebug. The one from about 3 months ago or so.

Sebastian Zartner

Dec 26, 2016, 4:23:48 AM12/26/16
to Firebug

Sébastien Barré

Jan 2, 2017, 2:44:04 AM1/2/17
to Firebug
Would love for the "Open in new Tab" feature in the "Network" tab to behave like the old Firebug. Right now "Open in new Tab" on a POST request will result in a GET request in the new tab. That's unfortunate, that was a useful debugging feature for POST... (this was reported a while back on Github)

wongfei...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2017, 2:44:05 AM1/2/17
to Firebug
Firefox Web Developer Tools sucks. We need the old Firebug please!!!!

Sebastian Zartner

Jan 2, 2017, 8:36:37 AM1/2/17
to Firebug
On Monday, January 2, 2017 at 8:44:04 AM UTC+1, Sébastien Barré wrote:
Would love for the "Open in new Tab" feature in the "Network" tab to behave like the old Firebug. Right now "Open in new Tab" on a POST request will result in a GET request in the new tab. That's unfortunate, that was a useful debugging feature for POST... (this was reported a while back on Github)

That's reported in bug 1220758.

On Monday, January 2, 2017 at 8:44:05 AM UTC+1, wongfei...@gmail.com wrote:
Firefox Web Developer Tools sucks. We need the old Firebug please!!!!

Please see https://hacks.mozilla.org/2016/12/firebug-lives-on-in-firefox-devtools/ for the reasons why Firebug is discontinued. The team behind the Web Developer Tools is working on fixing the gaps between Firebug and their tools.
If you have concrete features you're missing or things that worked better in Firebug, which are not reporeted yet, you should report them in the related thread or create a new bug blocking bug 991806.

Sebastian