Firebug and Bootstrap 3 JavaScript conflict

Yaron Guez

Dec 16, 2014, 2:58:38 AM12/16/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure when this started happening but lately having Firebug open prevents the JavaScript of Bootstrap 3 from functioning properly.  I haven't done extensive testing but modals, scrollspy, and the navigation bar no longer work when Firebug is active.  Furthermore, closing Firebug doesn't seem to resolve the issue.  Only quitting Firefox fixes the problem until Firebug is activated on the webpage again.  I initially thought this was a bug in my website code but I've confirmed it takes place on the www.getbootstrap.com website as well.  I haven't found any other mention of it when searching so I'm happy to do additional troubleshooting to try and narrow down the problem.  Note, there are no console errors and I haven't noticed it affecting any other JavaScript functionality.  Very strange.

Sebastian Zartner

Dec 16, 2014, 4:10:15 AM12/16/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Do you have any other extensions installed? E.g. FireQuery 1.4.1 is known to cause problems on current versions of Firefox.
If it's not FireQuery, you may investigate further by following the steps on the first aid page.

Sebastian

Manfred BECK

Dec 18, 2014, 6:54:21 AM12/18/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to Sebastian, I experienced the same issue, it was indeed FireQuery!

t.b...@keyseven.de

Jan 29, 2015, 8:01:25 AM1/29/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks from me too - i encountered the same problems (fyi not only with bootstrap) and now everything is fine again (-: