New firebug is not good

George

Feb 18, 2017, 11:45:28 AM2/18/17
to Firebug
I was a very big fan of the old simple firebug till you
released the new version that is totally different
Im sorry that a fantastic add on  became so bad
I hope you switch to the old version again

Anyone can share opinion?

Erik Krause

Feb 18, 2017, 3:15:50 PM2/18/17
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Am 17.02.2017 um 17:45 schrieb George:
> I was a very big fan of the old simple firebug till you
> released the new version that is totally different

The change was announced more than a year ago:
https://hacks.mozilla.org/2015/10/firebug-devtools-integration/

> Im sorry that a fantastic add on became so bad
> I hope you switch to the old version again

This won't be possible. Find the facts here:
https://hacks.mozilla.org/2016/12/firebug-lives-on-in-firefox-devtools/

Here is a migration guide:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Migrating_from_Firebug

> Anyone can share opinion?

The devtools arn't that bad once you get used to them and they keep
imptoving. There are even features that are far better than in firebug.
Source maps for example.

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de

Sebastian Zartner

Feb 18, 2017, 8:47:10 PM2/18/17
to Firebug
On Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 9:15:50 PM UTC+1, Erik Krause wrote:
Am 17.02.2017 um 17:45 schrieb George:
> I was a very big fan of the old simple firebug till you
> released the new version that is totally different

Just to be clear, there is no "new version" of Firebug. You got automatically switched to the Firefox DevTools (with Firebug theme), because Firefox is now multi-process.

Sebastian