Base Tag Greyed Out

bsmither

Apr 25, 2016, 9:08:07 PM4/25/16
to Firebug
I notice that in the HTML tag, the statement:
<base href="ProjK" />
is greyed out.

Is there something about that statement that Firebug doesn't like?

Sebastian Zartner

Apr 26, 2016, 1:36:20 AM4/26/16
to Firebug
If an element is grayed out, it means it is not displayed.
See https://getfirebug.com/wiki/index.php/HTML_Panel#Node_View.

Sebastian

bsmither

Apr 26, 2016, 2:55:29 PM4/26/16
to Firebug

Yet, of everything in the <head> section, only the <base> tag is dimmed.

Sebastian Zartner

Apr 26, 2016, 5:18:28 PM4/26/16
to Firebug
I just checked the related code. This is obviously because all those tags except <base> are special cased to be displayed normally instead of being dimmed.
See https://github.com/firebug/firebug/blob/master/extension/content/firebug/lib/xml.js#L579-L639.
So, it looks like the <base> tag simply got missed when the list of exception tags got created.

Note that the Firefox DevTools do a better job here. They don't have those exceptions and display all those tags slightly faint.
And as Firebug 3 will integrate into the DevTools, it will be fixed once that version is released.

Sebastian