Persist "element.style"?

Lawrence San

May 29, 2015, 9:53:12 PM5/29/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
​n the HTML panel's Style side-panel, if I enter a temporary "element.style" rule, that rule gets wiped out as soon as I reload the page. I guess that's usually what you'd want to happen, but is there any way to make the element.style rule persist across page reloads? Thanks.​

alfonsoml

May 31, 2015, 2:01:38 PM5/31/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Anything that you add in that panel is temporary unless you modify your source files according to your changes.
This applies to adding an "element.style" or a Rule or modify anything already existing.

Lawrence San

Jun 1, 2015, 1:33:40 PM6/1/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
That's what I thought... but wouldn't it be nice if Firebug could optionally remember temporary/devel changes (like CSS rules, or even JS vars) across page reloads? For example, Chris Pederick's "Web Developer" toolbar has a "Pin Features" option that causes a temp change (like a custom outline of an element) to persist across reloads. It's a bit unreliable in practice, but it's a great idea. Maybe the Firebug team could add a feature like that?

Lawrence San
Business Writing: Santhology.com
Cartoon Stories for Thoughtful People: Sanstudio.com

Sebastian Zartner

Jun 1, 2015, 4:21:14 PM6/1/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Already requested by me a long time ago:
https://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=3050

This was now moved to GitHub:
https://github.com/firebug/firebug/issues/3189

Sebastian