Firebug not working

Rahul Pawar

Aug 1, 2016, 9:54:18 AM8/1/16
to Firebug
I am using firefox browser version 44 and installed firebug and firepath, but its not opening.When I try to open the firebog its opens the option of webdeveloper tool, but not firebug tool.

Kindly suggest

Thanks,
Rahul Pawar

Sebastian Zartner

Aug 1, 2016, 10:30:21 AM8/1/16
to Firebug
You should check whether Firebug is enabled in the Add-ons Manager. If it is enabled but it still doesn't open, follow the steps at the first aid page.
I assume you mean the Firefox Developer Tools with "webdeveloper tool".

Two more notes:

1. Your version of Firefox is outdated. The current version is 47.0 and tomorrow 48.0 will be released. So, I suggest you update your installation accordingly. Note that starting from Firefox 48.0 there will be a Firebug theme for the Firefox Developer Tools.
2. Firebug is going away in favor of the integrated DevTools (due to process separation, enabled for some users in 48 and for all in 49). Read the full story at the Firebug blog.

Sebastian