Firebug New Release tab sticking

Ken Dawes

Jun 22, 2016, 11:30:05 AM6/22/16
to Firebug
Hi,
I have a minor, though nagging Firebug problem.

Normally, when there's a Firebug update and Firefox is started, there will be a tab added to my FF announcing the new Firebug update with release notes, etc. I delete the tab and when FF is restarted, the Firebug tab doesn't reappear.

However with the most recent FB update (i.e. https://getfirebug.com/firstrun#Firebug%202.0.17) the tab is persistent. It's there every time I start FF up.

I have deleted cookies, history, reset my FF Home page, etc. to no joy.

Like I mentioned, this is pretty minor, but I sure would like the tab to not be there every time I start FF up. At least until the next FB update...  ;-)

How can I make it stop appearing?

Thanks!

Sebastian Zartner

Jun 22, 2016, 12:32:16 PM6/22/16
to Firebug
If you want to see the release notes page on the next update, set the preference extensions.firebug.currentVersion to 2.0.17. If you want to deactivate completely, set the preference extensions.firebug.showFirstRunPage to false. Those preferences are available in about:config. See also the list of Firebug preferences.

If you still see the notes page after the next browser restart, check if the preferences were reset. It that case it may be an issue with your profile.

Sebastian