can't find the file to edit

Ken

May 16, 2015, 3:45:26 PM5/16/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi I'm new to using firebug and I am trying to use it to edit a zen cart installation. I was able to locate the logo and add padding to the left side.
My problem is I can't seem to locate the file to make the change permanent. The Style box shows "stylesheet.css (line 4)" but a search in the actual file doesn't show the
same information. In the HTML box I can also make the change but I don't see what file name it is. How do I find the file to change.

Sebastian Zartner

May 17, 2015, 10:44:28 AM5/17/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Note that Firebug only works within the browser. The changes you make to the CSS within Firebug are not permanent. If you want the changes to be permanent, you need to change the files on the server. There are two extensions named FireFile and cssUpdater for Firebug, which aim to synchronize the changes you've done in Firebug with the server files. Though those extensions are not maintianed anymore, so they might not work anymore. So you'll need to do the changes directly on the server files.

I didn't try out out Zen Cart so far, though you should find the related information in the Zen Cart wiki:
http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/Customisation_-_Templates_-_Stylesheets

Sebastian