start firebug with firefox from command line

Rukshan Chathuranga

Apr 8, 2014, 2:32:04 AM4/8/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
HI,

         is there any way to launch firefox with firebug from the command line. Because i have to provide some parameters to the firebug extension.

Thanks and regards.

Jan Honza Odvarko

Apr 8, 2014, 4:14:45 AM4/8/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, April 8, 2014 8:32:04 AM UTC+2, Rukshan Chathuranga wrote:
HI,

         is there any way to launch firefox with firebug from the command line.
Do you mean open Firebug UI automatically after Firefox is launched?

If yes, set:

extensions.firebug.allPagesActivation

preference to "on" (without the quotes)

Because i have to provide some parameters to the firebug extension.
If you want to pass arguments from the command line you can see this
piece of code where Firebug's test console is processing "runFBTests" command line argument:

https://github.com/firebug/firebug/blob/master/tests/FBTest/components/commandLine.js

Checkout the handle method

Honza

Thanks and regards.

Rukshan Chathuranga

Apr 8, 2014, 6:17:02 AM4/8/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jan Honza Odvarko.

The use case is I've implemented extension to the firebug. it appear as separate tap in firebug main overlay. i need to launch firebug from cmd/java and set the default page as my page. and need to send some parameter to the extension.

thanks and regads.

Jan Honza Odvarko

Apr 8, 2014, 6:23:41 AM4/8/14
to fir...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, April 8, 2014 12:17:02 PM UTC+2, Rukshan Chathuranga wrote:
Thanks Jan Honza Odvarko.

The use case is I've implemented extension to the firebug.
Let us know when the extension is ready, so we can check it out :-)

it appear as separate tap in firebug main overlay. i need to launch firebug from cmd/java and set the default page as my page. and need to send some parameter to the extension.
I see, so my previous comment should help.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Honza