Firebug 3 how do you go to inspector from the console?

Daniel Dimitrov

Feb 11, 2015, 3:55:51 AM2/11/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
In firebug 2 I was used to do things like:
jQuery('#blabla') in the console. It will spill out something like <div id="blabla"> and I could click on it to go in the inspector view.
Now with firebug 3, whenever I do the same I get an object!
Object { context: HTMLDocument → index.php, selector: "#blabla" }
I can click on the HTMLDocument and in the right I get to see the properties of that object. The first one that is listed is context -> on the right of it I have tiny little { that I can click on and it will switch to the inspector view, but it won't be on the element that I tried to select?

Am I missing something obvious here?

Daniel Dimitrov

Feb 11, 2015, 4:23:30 AM2/11/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Okay, I take this back. The element that I was trying to find was not exisitng on the page. When I try to find an element that is existing I get

Object { 0: <div#fileupload>, length: 1, context: HTMLDocument → index.php, selector: "#fileupload" }

and I can click on the div#fileupload and it will lead me to the inspector tab.