Module Activation in 1.10

Nathan Mische

Feb 6, 2012, 9:41:13 PM2/6/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I'm seeing some issues with module activation in 1.10. My module uses
code almost identical to the netMonitor.js,
https://github.com/nmische/ColdFire/blob/master/src/firefox/chrome/content/cfModule.js#L132,
however my module is not activated when Firebug is first enabled for a
site. It seems that the call to Firebug.getSuspended() in
onObserverChange returns true in 1.10 while, as best as I can tell,
Firebug.getSuspended() always returns null in 1.9.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

--Nathan

Jan Honza Odvarko

Feb 7, 2012, 3:53:04 AM2/7/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Could you provide a simple extension + STR (step to reproduce) that I could use to see the problem?

Perhaps attached to a bug report...?

Honza

Nathan Mische

Feb 7, 2012, 7:38:24 AM2/7/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Will do. I just wanted to ask first in case there was an API change I
wasn't aware of.

--Nathan

Jan Honza Odvarko

Feb 7, 2012, 8:06:05 AM2/7/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, February 7, 2012 1:38:24 PM UTC+1, Nathan Mische wrote:
Will do. I just wanted to ask first in case there was an API change I
wasn't aware of.
Yep, I see

If you had any suggestions how to improve/clean up the activation API, please let me know.
I am keen to help here.

Honza