Failed to load source for sourceFile top-level file

已查看 23 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Georgio

未读,
2009年2月8日 05:33:462009/2/8
收件人 Firebug
It was so nice to work with Firebug 1.3.1 till the upgrade to 1.3.2.
Since this black day, i always get the error message in the left
panel : Failed to load source for sourceFile top-level file etc. bla
bla .... Is it possible to downgrade to 1.3.1 ?

dcm

未读,
2009年2月8日 12:15:192009/2/8
收件人 Firebug
Yes you can,
1) uninstall firebug 1.3.2
2) go to https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/addons/versions/1843
and chooses the release that you want

Jan Odvarko

未读,
2009年2月8日 16:00:592009/2/8
收件人 Firebug
Thanks for the report!
I have committed a patch for this.
Honza

On 8 Ún, 18:15, dcm <marco.delco...@genesi-software.it> wrote:
> Yes you can,
> 1) uninstall firebug 1.3.2
> 2) go tohttps://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/addons/versions/1843

Olga

未读,
2009年2月9日 02:33:452009/2/9
收件人 Firebug
Georgio, did it help you downgrading to Firebug 1.3.1?
I downgraded to 1.3.1 but problem still appears.
Through it's a little strange, I can debug all other JS files except
for the one I need.
I'm changing implementation of some JavaScripts and need to test
them.
Can this problem somehow be related to cache in the browser?
.... though I already tried to delete cache and it didn't help.

Oscar Orduz Acosta

未读,
2009年2月9日 10:21:462009/2/9
收件人 fir...@googlegroups.com
The same for me Olga, the downgrading does not work!!.... Until now all what we discovered here was that is related to the page code of the source, if we save the source changing the page code (to UTF 8- page code 65001 in our case) firebug can load it.

This odd behavior also occur in some response wich firebug does not show!

Jan Odvarko

未读,
2009年2月9日 10:43:252009/2/9
收件人 Firebug
This problem should be fixed in the next Firebug version.
But, before could you please attach your test cases (e.g. online URL
of pages that
doesn't work for you) to:
http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=1461

So, we can verify that.
Thanks!
Honza

Jan Odvarko

未读,
2009年2月10日 03:01:392009/2/10
收件人 Firebug
Please try Firebug 1.3.3b1:
http://getfirebug.com/releases/firebug
This problem should be fixed.

Could anybody verify, please?
Honza

dcm

未读,
2009年2月10日 03:21:012009/2/10
收件人 Firebug
With Firebug 1.3.3b1 the problem is solved.
Thank you a lot
dcm

dcm

未读,
2009年2月10日 03:24:392009/2/10
收件人 Firebug
With Firebug 1.3.3b1 the problem is solved.
Thank you a lot
dcm

On Feb 10, 9:01 am, Jan Odvarko <odva...@gmail.com> wrote:

Jaoa

未读,
2009年2月10日 08:03:352009/2/10
收件人 Firebug
Not for me I upgraded to 1.3.3b1 and the problem continues
I am playeing arround a bit with some javascript files
but the behaviour is a bit odd. I can get some file to load but
sometime they do not load
completely when I change something they bu I cannot determine what is
causing this

ColinFine

未读,
2009年2月11日 04:24:192009/2/11
收件人 Firebug

On Feb 10, 1:03 pm, Jaoa <boss...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not for me I upgraded to 1.3.3b1 and the problem continues
> I am playeing arround a bit with some javascript files
> but the behaviour  is a bit odd. I can get some file to load but
> sometime they do not load
> completely when I change something they bu I cannot determine what is
> causing this

I'm not sure if this is the same thing or not, but I've frequently
found that when I switch 'Script' file to look at a particular .js
file, Firebug decides not to, and whatever I try it continues to show
me my main html file. I don't know a way to get it back short of
restarting FF.
I've upgraded to 1.3.3b1, but I've still seen this.

Colin

Jan Odvarko

未读,
2009年2月11日 08:45:552009/2/11
收件人 Firebug
> Not for me I upgraded to 1.3.3b1 and the problem continues
> I am playeing arround a bit with some javascript files
> but the behaviour is a bit odd.
Jaoa, can you attach the files that doesn't work for you?
Honza

Jan Odvarko

未读,
2009年2月11日 08:47:282009/2/11
收件人 Firebug
> I'm not sure if this is the same thing or not, but I've frequently
> found that when I switch 'Script' file to look at a particular .js
> file, Firebug decides not to, and whatever I try it continues to show
> me my main html file.
Colin, could you please report a new issue:
http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/list

And describe steps how to reproduce this behaviour?
Honza

ColinFine

未读,
2009年2月12日 04:07:262009/2/12
收件人 Firebug
Not really, because it is internal corporate stuff. Also, I have no
idea what causes it: I just find that sometimes (very often, this
week) my Firefox/Firebug session 'rots' and either
- FB will only show me my main file, even when I select a js file, or
- FB skips back to showing the main file after a 'step' in my js file,
or
- FB shows the file, but does not highlight executable lines as
executable, and doesn't stop on breaks I set there, or
- FB won't show any source at all.

I realise that this is not very helpful without examples (and that it
may be several separate bugs). I also realise that they may be brought
on by my scripts doing something silly. I'm sorry I can't be more
help.

I've tried switching between 1.3.2, 1.3.3b1 and 1.3.0, and not found
any systematic differences in these problems.

Colin

ColinFine

未读,
2009年2月12日 05:06:282009/2/12
收件人 Firebug

OK, I still cannot send you a file, as the only page I have that shows
the problem is a company-internal script that gets data from a
database.
However, I can elicit the problem repeatably:

1. Open the page (or restart Firefox with the page in a saved tab).
Wait to make sure everything's loaded
2. Pick the Firebug icon: nothing happens
3. Pick the Firebug icon again: the Firebug window opens.
4. Pick the Script tag (if it isn't already picked): it shows the name
of my main file, but no content
5. Select another script file: it displays that
6. Wait 10-20s: it spontaneously displays the main file
7. Search for something in the file: it finds it
8. Pick by the line of code to set a breakpoint: nothing happens.

I realise that without the file, this is still not that helpful, but
maybe it will suggest something.

Firefox 3.0.3, Fedora Core 6
FB 1.3.2 or 1.3.3b1 - no difference.

Colin

已删除帖子

ColinFine

未读,
2009年2月12日 05:13:242009/2/12
收件人 Firebug

On Feb 12, 10:06 am, ColinFine <colin.f...@pace.com> wrote:

> 4. Pick the Script tag (if it isn't already picked): it shows the name
> of my main file, but no content
> 5. Select another script file: it displays that
> 6. Wait 10-20s: it spontaneously displays the main file
> 7. Search for something in the file: it finds it
> 8. Pick by the line of code to set a breakpoint: nothing happens.

Right, that last problem is because it thinks it is showing the file I
selected, which is too short to have the line I'm trying to set the bp
on. If I select the right file again, setting the breakpoint works.

Colin

metaluc

未读,
2009年2月12日 08:45:232009/2/12
收件人 Firebug
After an upgrade to Firebug 1.3.3b1 it still does not work for me.

Seems to be related to file relative paths to script files...

<script type="text/javascript" src="../garmin/device/
GarminDeviceDisplay.js"> // FAILS and cannot view source

but

<script type="text/javascript" src="GarminDeviceDisplay.js"> // WORKS

Jan Odvarko

未读,
2009年2月14日 04:00:262009/2/14
收件人 Firebug
Firebug 1.3.3b2 is available here:
http://getfirebug.com/releases/firebug/1.3/firebug-1.3.3b2.xpi

Could you please retest and let us know if the problem is fixed?
Honza

Arjun

未读,
2009年2月14日 21:58:492009/2/14
收件人 Firebug
Odvarko, It worked for me. Thank god. I just started learning firebug
and it was very very annoying :(

manne

未读,
2009年2月19日 09:59:352009/2/19
收件人 Firebug
Version 1.3.3b2 helps me too. Thank you very mutch.

lorica

未读,
2009年2月20日 03:47:262009/2/20
收件人 Firebug
I had the same problem with 1.3.2.. just tried 1.3.3 b4 and it solves
the problem.

Thanks. !

On Feb 14, 10:00 am, Jan Odvarko <odva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Firebug 1.3.3b2 is available here:http://getfirebug.com/releases/firebug/1.3/firebug-1.3.3b2.xpi
>
> Could you please retest and let us know if the problem is fixed?
> Honza
>
> On 12 Ún, 14:45, metaluc <r.r...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > After an upgrade to Firebug 1.3.3b1 it still does not work for me.
>
> > Seems to be related tofilerelative paths to script files...
>
> > <script type="text/javascript" src="../garmin/device/
> > GarminDeviceDisplay.js"> // FAILS and cannot viewsource
>
> > but
>
> > <script type="text/javascript" src="GarminDeviceDisplay.js"> // WORKS
>
> > On Feb 10, 3:01 am, Jan Odvarko <odva...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Please try Firebug 1.3.3b1:http://getfirebug.com/releases/firebug
> > > This problem should be fixed.
>
> > > Could anybody verify, please?