Scroll CSS properties using Down keyboard key (like in firebug)

Ludovic Helleboid

Feb 9, 2017, 10:54:00 AM2/9/17
to Firebug
Hi,
it's a feature very usefull but i can't find it in the dev tools in firefox. I can see it's possible to have dropdown with all the css properties but it won't take effect until you select it and validate. So, for testing purpose, it can be very tedious to test all the css properties. In firebug, you only had to click on css property and scroll over all the possibilities using down or up keyboard key and the change would take effet directly. Is it possible to restore that possibility in the dev tools ?
Best regards,
Ludovic

Sebastian Zartner

Feb 10, 2017, 2:49:48 PM2/10/17
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ludovic,

somebody else asked me the same question yesterday. What a coincidence! :-)
You're right that Firebug's UI was better in this point. For this purpose I have now filed bug 1338645.
Note that if you find such differences between Firebug and the Firefox DevTools and they are not filed yet, just create bug reports for them and mark them as blockers of bug 991806.

Have a nice weekend,

Sebastian

Ludovic Helleboid

Feb 12, 2017, 12:44:21 PM2/12/17
to Firebug
Hi Sebastian,
good thing we are improving the dev tools. I'm a big fan of firebug but it's cleat that the integrated dev tools are legitimate. Those gaps between the 2 need to be filled to have a fully functionnal and ideal tool for devs.
Best regards,
Ludovic