Re: Enabling Net Panel Persist by Default

Jan Honza Odvarko

Dec 7, 2012, 1:53:56 AM12/7/12
to Firebug
You need to set the following preference to true

extensions.firebug.net.enableSites

(use about:config)

You might also be interested in:
http://www.softwareishard.com/blog/firebug/automate-page-load-performance-testing-with-firebug-and-selenium/

Honza

On Dec 7, 1:07 am, jackb <ja...@ecollege.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction for how I could enable the net
> panel's persist option by default? I am trying to use this in some
> automation for collecting har data. I dug around in the source but couldn't
> come up with anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

jackb

Dec 7, 2012, 10:53:15 AM12/7/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Honza.

I actually used that link you provided as my starting point for this and set extensions.firebug.net.enableSites to true. Everything works fine except that one har file is generated per domain. This is because the Persist option isn't selected in the firebug net panel.

Unfortunately, there isn't a preference to set to enable Persist by default. I was hoping to find a way to add that to firebug or to just hack it to always be enabled. Any ideas where I need to look in the firebug source to get started?

Jack

Jan Honza Odvarko

Dec 10, 2012, 6:55:53 AM12/10/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Ah, understand.

Unfortunately, there is no such option.

You can file a new issue in our list and we can discuss the implementation
In the meanwhile you could implement a simple Firebug extension that
sets panel.persistContent flag for the Net panel object

Here is the place which is executed if you click "Persist" for the Net panel.

togglePersist method:
https://github.com/firebug/firebug/blob/master/extension/content/firebug/net/netMonitor.js#L292

Your extension should implement a module and set the flag in "initContext"
method I guess.

Honza

jackb

Dec 24, 2012, 12:57:18 AM12/24/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Honza. I was able to get this to work, but ended up going in another direction. I will post what I did for reference, later this week.

Praneel Redlapalle

Jul 22, 2013, 3:26:19 PM7/22/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jack, please post the solution out here. I am running around the same problem for days. A different .HAR file gets generated for every page load.

Thanks,
praneel

Sebastian Zartner

Jul 24, 2013, 6:00:40 AM7/24/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
For reference, this was answered here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/firebug/m-3liXcd_T4

Sebastian

Dolphin

Jun 2, 2016, 1:53:48 PM6/2/16
to Firebug
Jan,
I don't see the extensions.firebug.net.enableSites in about: config
I have installed NetExport and firebug on firefox version 46.0.1 and both are enabled too.

Thanks,

Sebastian Zartner

Jun 2, 2016, 3:01:52 PM6/2/16
to Firebug
Then Firebug is not installed correctly or not enabled. Check the Add-ons Manager if it's listed there and enabled.
If you still have problems, please open a new thread. This one is already several years old.

Sebastian