Why do you not make it possible to save the changes in firebug?

kurt.s...@googlemail.com

Jun 10, 2015, 7:35:35 AM6/10/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hello firebug Team,

its over and over asked and begged to make the changes/editings in firebug
saveable by so much members in this forum...
This would be a really great help for all developers!

But if this theme is talked about, your team is swimming back and
give any advices for the use of "already given plugins"
The truth is, there are no plugins which really does this, what firebug
could do with some additional button with written "save" on it.
(Firefile for your information is not working anymore since www.firefile.at is down)

Is it now:
1. that its just technically not possible to implement this?
2.you as the developers prefer to let others do really helpful plugins
or
3.You are just not motivated or interested to implement this?
and going on to disreguard the big community of e.g. wordpress developers which
would be really glad to have this possibilty! (even local would be some
big big helpful step!!)

Sorry for my direct talking, but I feel it really annoying if a good crew of
developers (which should stand behind this great tool firebug) points with their
fingers at more or less helpful workarounds from other developers which
also are maybe not really available any more (firefile) instead of just
starting to implement this obviously helpful feature...!

Thanks and best regards
schubi

Sebastian Zartner

Jun 10, 2015, 8:09:26 AM6/10/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com

Firebug 3 (currently in alpha status) will integrate with the built-in Firefox DevTools, which already have an option to save the edited CSS on the local file system.
See the following screenshot of Firebug 3:

Sebastian

Kurt Schubert

Jun 10, 2015, 1:31:02 PM6/10/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com, sebastia...@gmail.com

Hallo Sebastian
Hello FireFox Team,

Thanks for the quick response!

Kurt Schubert

Jun 10, 2015, 1:31:02 PM6/10/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com, sebastia...@gmail.com

Hallo Sebastian
Hello FireFox Team,

Thanks for the quick response!

but I just tried.
Earlier, if I choosed an element from the side by pushing this button
with an arrow on it on the left side of firebug, it have been marked blue and I
could just remove it by "Delete".
Now there is no blue marking of this element anymore when I move the mouse
away from this chosen element and it is still there if I try with "Delete/Entfernen"...
dont know

Sebastian Zartner schrieb:

Sebastian Zartner

Jun 10, 2015, 4:05:57 PM6/10/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com, schub...@gmx.de
So you are talking about deleting elements while being in inspection mode and hovering them with the mouse, right?
I created bug 1173504 for that right now, so this can be fixed within the built-in DevTools.

Sebastian