How can I trace where the text message is coming from?

Pete S

Apr 4, 2015, 1:37:11 AM4/4/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I installed Firebug to try and find a solution. I have a page on a site I would like to change the current message and add another. I cannot find where the information originates. Help reply appreciated.
Regards
Pete S

Pete S

Apr 6, 2015, 7:02:17 AM4/6/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com

I thought somebody would me help understand where the information is coming from at http://www.northampton-business-directory.com/create-listing

Regards
Pete S

Sebastian Zartner

Apr 9, 2015, 4:59:37 PM4/9/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I assume people didn't reply yet, because it's unclear what you're asking. What message are you talking about?
Note that the page requires a login, so it's not possible for me to see the problem. Maybe a screenshot would help here.

Sebastian

Erik Krause

Apr 9, 2015, 5:30:52 PM4/9/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Am 04.04.2015 um 07:31 schrieb Pete S:
> I would like to change the current message and add another. I cannot
> find where the information originates. Help reply appreciated.

Did you try to simply search for the message text? Then set a breakpoint
on the corresponding line and see call stack...

--
Erik Krause

Pete S

Apr 10, 2015, 11:26:44 AM4/10/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
That is a login page, and I get lots of people just completing registration and then not proceeding with the next page that loads. I would like to load a message into the page registration page so that people understand what to do next.

I have done a search of the complete site for the info that shows on the page, but cannot find anything.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Drachsi

Pete S

Apr 10, 2015, 11:28:40 AM4/10/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks your comments, please reply to Sebastian.
Drachsi

Erik Krause

Apr 10, 2015, 1:45:22 PM4/10/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Am 10.04.2015 um 17:28 schrieb Pete S:
> Thanks your comments, please reply to Sebastian.

Why should I? It's you who is asking, isn't?

I assumed a javascript message. If you mean the page itself, perhaps
firebug can't help. You might want to read
http://tinyurl.com/lwh3sho

best regards
Erik

Pete S

Apr 11, 2015, 1:52:13 AM4/11/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Eric, I missed out "see my reply to Sebastian", did not want to repeat myself.

Thanks for the info. It seems like it is somewhere in the database.

Regards
Drachsi