Firebug 2.0.18 'Inspect element with firebug' broken?

Michael Chaplin

Feb 7, 2017, 7:02:18 AM2/7/17
to Firebug
If I try to right click an element to use 'Inspect element with firebug' it doesn't work anymore.

It opens on the body tag instead.

Is this by design?

Erik Krause

Feb 7, 2017, 8:49:08 AM2/7/17
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Am 07.02.2017 um 11:43 schrieb Michael Chaplin:
> If I try to right click an element to use 'Inspect element with firebug' it
> doesn't work anymore.
>
> It opens on the body tag instead.

Wait a few moments, it will jump to the selected tag.

BTW: You got automatically switched to the Firefox DevTools
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools>, because Firebug's
development is discontinued <https://getfirebug.com/>. You can read more
about that in the related Mozilla Hacks blog post
https://hacks.mozilla.org/2016/12/firebug-lives-on-in-firefox-devtools

Here is a migration guide:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Migrating_from_Firebug

--
Erik Krause

Sebastian Zartner

Feb 7, 2017, 2:52:29 PM2/7/17
to Firebug
See bug 1324254.

Sebastian

John Von Vincent

Feb 9, 2017, 12:55:59 AM2/9/17
to Firebug
How do I get back to the previous version?

Adrien Vion

Feb 9, 2017, 10:54:00 AM2/9/17
to Firebug
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firebug/versions/?page=1 get the 2.0.17 and its working again (dont know if its fully working with last firefox version but it show firebug and not firefox tool)

Sebastian Zartner

Feb 9, 2017, 5:01:39 PM2/9/17
to Firebug
See http://stackoverflow.com/a/40910225/432681 and http://stackoverflow.com/a/41890636/432681 for how to get Firebug back (temporarily).

Sebastian

Sebastian Zartner

Feb 14, 2017, 5:51:43 AM2/14/17
to Firebug
My fault, Inspect Element with Firebug really doesn't work anymore once multi-process Firefox is enabled. Issue 8077 was filed to fix this (by removing the option).

Please use the Inspect Element option instead.

Sebastian