Unicode placeholder in url names?

Peter Barney

Apr 22, 2015, 10:03:13 PM4/22/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know why firebug is showing unicode placeholders in the urls in the following screenshot?

http://postimg.org/image/kw5f4kxyn/

Is Firebug expecting a particular font? How do I fix this?

Thanks

Sebastian Zartner

Apr 23, 2015, 3:54:37 AM4/23/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
From the screenshot it looks like you're at amazon.com. I can't reproduce this on my PC using Firefox 37.0.2 + Firebug 2.0.9 on Win7. Does that also happen on other pages? And does it also happen on a fresh Firefox profile?

Sebastian

Peter Barney

Apr 23, 2015, 10:56:09 AM4/23/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
It was happening on all pages. So I disabled every add-on I had and it worked. But here's where it gets strange... I then re-enabled each add-on one-by-one, checking FireBug each time to see which one was causing the problem). I turned on every single one and the problem never came back. Go figure. Seems to be a Firefox problem rather than a Firebug problem.

Sebastian Zartner

Apr 24, 2015, 10:15:42 AM4/24/15
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, could be that it was some preference of an extension or something similar. Anyway, as long as it's working now it's ok. Thanks for the feedback!

Sebastian