right click inspect, shows the html portion of that section

unknown

Jan 30, 2017, 1:28:22 PM1/30/17
to Firebug
Before the integration, I was able to right click to inspect on specific part of the web page, and it would automatically extend the DOM tree and show me that specific part of html.

Please re-implement this features, it really saved me time on expanding the DOM tree.

Sebastian Zartner

Jan 30, 2017, 5:12:22 PM1/30/17
to fir...@googlegroups.com
As far as I can tell, the inspector is working but has the issue that it is first selecting the <body> element before selecting the one you inspected. See bug 1324254. If that's not the case for you, please file a separate bug including a test case and post the link to it here as back reference.

Sebastian

On 30 January 2017 at 19:25, unknown <ravench...@gmail.com> wrote:
Before the integration, I was able to right click to inspect on specific part of the web page, and it would automatically extend the DOM tree and show me that specific part of html.

Please re-implement this features, it really saved me time on expanding the DOM tree.

Sebastian Zartner

Jan 30, 2017, 5:17:06 PM1/30/17
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Also, please note that a related bug in Firefox 53 got fixed recently.

Sebastian