New FirePHP and FireBug User, Nothing Showing Up in Console

mic...@maxedge.com

May 27, 2016, 11:48:36 AM5/27/16
to Firebug
Everything seems to install properly, but just not seeing anything in the console. I have checked wiki, faq, and the first-aid links.

Client-side: FireFox 46.0.1 on Windows 7 with FireBug 2.0.16.
Server-side: Windows 2008 Server, IIS 7.5, PHP 5.4.38 (existing PHP sites working)

I copied FirePHPCore folder with fb.php, fb.php4, FirePHP.class.php, and FirePHP.class.php4 files in my includes folder for the site.

I created the following php file: testfire.php

<?php
ob_start
();
include_once
('includes/FirePHPCore/fb.php');
?>

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<?php echo 'Hello'; ?>
<?php
FB
::log('hello world');
FB
::info('Hello, FirePHP');
?>

<?php ob_end_flush(); ?>

As you can see, I included basic log and info statements. I also did an echo just to make sure php was running.

In FireBug, it shows nothing in the console (I have ALL button selected).

Any suggestions on what to check or try would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Michael

Sebastian Zartner

Jun 19, 2016, 6:02:18 AM6/19/16
to Firebug, Christoph Dorn
I didn't use FirePHP for quite a while, though I assume it may be broken in the latest versions of Firefox + Firebug. CC'ing Christoph Dorn, the author of FirePHP. Maybe he can clarify that.
As far as I saw on http://firephp.org/, he's already working on a FirePHP version for the Firefox DevTools compatible with the upcoming Firefox multi-process architecture (aka Electrolysis or e10s). Firebug was integrated lately as theme for the Firefox DevTools.

Sebastian

Erik Krause

Jun 19, 2016, 8:12:25 AM6/19/16
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Am 19.06.2016 um 12:02 schrieb Sebastian Zartner:
> I didn't use FirePHP for quite a while, though I assume it may be broken in
> the latest versions of Firefox + Firebug.

Firephp works perfectly here with FF 47 and Firebug 2.0.17

Michael, did you install the Firephp server module correctly?

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de