Firebug 1.9.0

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jan 6, 2012, 2:32:49 PM1/6/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com

Don

Jan 6, 2012, 3:55:36 PM1/6/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Firebug 1.9 and the alpha versions sometimes causes the tab area to add the slider icons. This has happened only when Firebug 1.9alpha/beta/release is installed and on Firefox 8-10 beta2 Mac OS X Lion. I have to close Firefox re-open it twice sometimes and they go away.

Don

Jan 6, 2012, 3:58:47 PM1/6/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Updating to add a screenshot. http://d.pr/u5ty . From that point if I close and re-open Firefox once sometimes twice they go away. This is a fresh install of Firefox 10b2 and Firebug 1.9. If I uninstall Firebug the problem goes away.

Sebo

Jan 6, 2012, 5:42:02 PM1/6/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Your problem is described in issue 3442. Though there's still a test case missing. So if you can provide one or give some more info, please post there.

Sebastian

Mark Kelly

Jan 7, 2012, 8:26:49 AM1/7/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I'm running Firefox 9.01 on Ubuntu, and every time I start my browser the firebug first run page for this release is shown. This is really annoying. Can you advise?

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jan 7, 2012, 8:35:06 AM1/7/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, January 7, 2012 2:26:49 PM UTC+1, Mark Kelly wrote:
I'm running Firefox 9.01 on Ubuntu, and every time I start my browser the firebug first run page for this release is shown. This is really annoying. Can you advise?
There is a extensions.firebug.showFirstRunPage pref that should be set to false automatically after the first run page is displayed the first time. Try to set it manually (using about:config) does it help?

Anyone else is experiencing the same problem?

Honza

Mark Kelly

Jan 7, 2012, 8:38:46 AM1/7/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
That fixed it, thank you for the fast response.

Sebo

Jan 7, 2012, 5:47:50 PM1/7/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, January 7, 2012 2:26:49 PM UTC+1, Mark Kelly wrote:
I'm running Firefox 9.01 on Ubuntu, and every time I start my browser the firebug first run page for this release is shown. This is really annoying. Can you advise?
There is a extensions.firebug.showFirstRunPage pref that should be set to false automatically after the first run page is displayed the first time. Try to set it manually (using about:config) does it help?
Sorry Honza to correct you, but extensions.firebug.showFirstRunPage is not automatically set. This option is used to completely deactivate the display of the first run page for all upcoming versions.
The preference you mean is extensions.firebug.currentVersion, which should be set to 1.9.0 after the first run page was shown. Mark, can you please check that pref at your side?

Sebastian

Mark Kelly

Jan 7, 2012, 9:52:07 PM1/7/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Sebastian,

The currentVersion pref is indeed set to 1.9.0 here. I have also tried undoing the change I made to showFirstRunPage and the behavior seems correct - it isn't loading every time I start Firefox anymore.

Sorry if I have caused confusion with what is obviously an intermittent and local issue, but I do appreciate the help.

Mark

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jan 8, 2012, 2:50:20 AM1/8/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, January 8, 2012 3:52:07 AM UTC+1, Mark Kelly wrote:
Sebastian,

The currentVersion pref is indeed set to 1.9.0 here. I have also tried undoing the change I made to showFirstRunPage and the behavior seems correct - it isn't loading every time I start Firefox anymore.
Sebastian is right only the currentVersion pref is automatically set.

So, if extensions.firebug.currentVersion is set to 1.9 then it's working as expected.

Sorry if I have caused confusion with what is obviously an intermittent and local issue, but I do appreciate the help.
Yes, seems like a local problem.

Anyone else is experiencing the same?

Honza

Mark

Comgenie

Jan 9, 2012, 3:12:56 PM1/9/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Last update I got in today makes one of my web applications unable to load. Took me a while to discover it was Firebug, lol. Here is a screenshot of the message I get in the regular Error Console screen: http://xkcd.nl/dUt/s-4c750443f08c

Sebo

Jan 9, 2012, 3:42:18 PM1/9/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Last update I got in today makes one of my web applications unable to load. Took me a while to discover it was Firebug, lol. Here is a screenshot of the message I get in the regular Error Console screen: http://xkcd.nl/dUt/s-4c750443f08c
I can't reproduce your problem. Do you have a test case for it?

Sebastian

Comgenie

Jan 9, 2012, 3:50:54 PM1/9/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
No, I don't have a working testcase. But what I can see is that it fails while doing an ajax request. The first ajax request on the page works, but the second one fails. The request is visible in firebug, but only the headers-tab, No response. The response is recieved by firefox (wireshark and the dom tree confirms), But 'onreadystatechange' on the page is never called because of this error. In this page there is also an active Websocket connection. There are no flash components on the page. The web application is a business application so I can't provide access to it.

I hope this is enough information to reproduce. Another user also confirms this is happening with the newest firebug. He has firefox 8 and I'm at firefox 9. If I need to lookup something, Just say so :).

Francis Joe

Jan 10, 2012, 12:15:34 AM1/10/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
yep, got the same problem, so using 1.8.4 temporary now...

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jan 10, 2012, 1:29:33 AM1/10/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I am able to reproduce the problem, bug reported here (including steps to reproduce):
http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=5109

Honza

Sebo

Jan 12, 2012, 7:28:29 AM1/12/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Just wanted to note, that the summary links at http://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/01/firebug-1-9-new-features/ are not working.

Sebastian

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jan 12, 2012, 8:24:36 AM1/12/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:28:29 PM UTC+1, Sebo wrote:
Just wanted to note, that the summary links at http://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/01/firebug-1-9-new-features/ are not working.
Hm..., it looks like this problem: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2060776/remove-escaped-quotes-from-wordpress-posts

But I don't have proper credentials to fix that. I'll ping someone...

Thanks
Honza

Moose Hollow

Jan 12, 2012, 4:06:06 PM1/12/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I'm running Firefox 9.01 and Firebug 1.9 self-installed yesterday.  The icon appears in my toolbar, but clicking on it doesn't open Firebug.  The dropdown menu appears but nothing happens when I click an item.
I removed it from my add-on list and re-installed it today.  Still not operating.

Laerm

Mar 8, 2012, 3:23:03 AM3/8/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com

Have been facing the same issue since updating to version 1.9.1 a few weeks ago, release notes displayed every time I fire up FF.

Config:
Ubuntu 11.10
Firefox 10.0.2
Firebug 1.9.1
extensions.firebug.currentVersion is set to 1.9.1
extensions.firebug.showFirstRunPage is set to true

Will gladly provide more information if needed.
Message has been deleted

Sebo

Mar 8, 2012, 6:57:16 AM3/8/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
From where did you download 1.9.1?
When you enter chrome://firebug/content/branch.properties as address what do you see then?

Sebastian

Laerm

Mar 8, 2012, 9:10:08 AM3/8/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, 8 March 2012 12:57:16 UTC+1, Sebo wrote:
From where did you download 1.9.1?
When you enter chrome://firebug/content/branch.properties as address what do you see then?

Sebastian

It was a while ago I must admit so I'm not entirely sure. I may have grabbed the xpi someone compiled from source before linux version was released (I know for sure I've done that on my mac box, can't remember if I did it on my linux machine...).

chrome://firebug/content/branch.properties gives me:

# DO NOT MERGE INTO TRUNK
RELEASE=.1
VERSION=1.9
TRUNK=
# To allow build.xml to drop the xpi directly into the svn working copy for getfirebug.com
# the root of the fbug svn tree must be be at the same level as the root of getfirebug.com
# Otherwise specify your own path.
GETFIREBUG=../../../../getfirebug.com/tags/production

I tried removing the add-on and installing official xpi, same output for chrome://firebug/content/branch.properties but didn't get release notes when I restarted so it seems to have done the trick! Should have tried that first, sorry for the bother!

Sebo

Mar 8, 2012, 9:37:31 AM3/8/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback.

Even when it's working for you now, I have now a clue how something like this can happen.
We have two places where the version number is set. One is branch.properties and the other one is install.rdf. Honza, we should try to get rid of branch.properties and let the JS files the ANT script read the version from the install.rdf instead.
Then there shouldn't be any problem like this anymore.

Sebastian

Jan Honza Odvarko

Mar 9, 2012, 8:55:23 AM3/9/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, March 8, 2012 3:37:31 PM UTC+1, Sebo wrote:
Thanks for the feedback.

Even when it's working for you now, I have now a clue how something like this can happen.
We have two places where the version number is set. One is branch.properties and the other one is install.rdf. Honza, we should try to get rid of branch.properties and let the JS files the ANT script read the version from the install.rdf instead.
As far as I remember the version property in branch.properties files has been introduced since we were not able to properly read the info from install.rdf

Perhaps it's possible now?

Honza