Firebug console doesn't print-out

Shlomi Sasson

Sep 7, 2013, 4:21:09 PM9/7/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
All happened suddenly... 2 weeks ago..., the Firebug console stopped prompt me messages - all messages are not logged and it's doesn't matter if it's error/warning or info.
I Googled it all over and found that the Firefox console itself saying this message:

"The Web Console logging API (console.log, console.info, console.warn, console.error) has been disabled by a script on this page."

BUT - my app does not override the console global object in any way and also, it's occur in ANY website i'm in - the console dont show noting except the HTTP outgoing requests i choosed it to show me.
I'm sure it's Firebug's issue, i tried to downgrade Firbug to 1.11.x, it works for me 2 hours and the problem has back again.

I'm using: Firefox 23.0.1 and Firbug 1.12.1

PLEASE HELP.. I CAN'T USE CHROME FOR DEBUGGING ANYMORE..

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 7, 2013, 7:31:22 PM9/7/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
All happened suddenly... 2 weeks ago..., the Firebug console stopped prompt me messages - all messages are not logged and it's doesn't matter if it's error/warning or info.
I Googled it all over and found that the Firefox console itself saying this message:

"The Web Console logging API (console.log, console.info, console.warn, console.error) has been disabled by a script on this page."
That message appears inside the Firefox console, because Firebug injects its own console object. So don't worry about that. That's ok.

I'm sure it's Firebug's issue, i tried to downgrade Firbug to 1.11.x, it works for me 2 hours and the problem has back again.
Firefox automatically updates extensions by default. So that's probably why the problem reappears.

the console dont show noting except the HTTP outgoing requests i choosed it to show me.
Are there any Firebug related errors shown in the Error Console (accessible via Ctrl+Shift+J)?
If you have any other extensions installed, please deactivate them. Does the problem disappear then?

Sebastian

Shlomi Sasson

Sep 8, 2013, 2:27:49 AM9/8/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Deactivated all but the issue still occur, no message except HTTP requests is appear but on Chrome all are appear.

here is Firefox Console screenshot:

Inline image 4

And here is Chrome console screenshot:

Inline image 2

image.png
image.png

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 8, 2013, 4:06:14 PM9/8/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
The errors you see in Chrome are warnings in Firefox 23.0.1. So all you have to do is to check the option Show JavaScript Warnings.

Sebastian

Shlomi Sasson

Sep 9, 2013, 2:14:49 AM9/9/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
You're right but after digging deeper i found that it's not the issue but something else..

I found that the problem occur since the app i'm developing is a located into a cross-domain (aka: xdm) iFrame that located into a web-page, in this case all messages i print via console.log (e.g.) form the webpage itself are printed-out to the Firebug's console BUT all messages i'm printing from within the iFrame ARE NOT appear on the Firebug's console but only on Firefox's console (screen-shot below), see the attached html files, index.html is load 2 iFrames, 1 in the same domain of index.html (test-non-xdm.html) and the second (test-xdm.html) from "another-domain.com" (a fake domain i pointed to the same v-host on my local machine). you can see that all console.log from index.html and test-non-xdm.html are goes to Firebug's console BUT the console.log from within test-xdm.html is printed-out to Firefox's console ONLY.

See this screen-shot of how it ran on my computer:

Inline image 3

I know it's kind of an edge-case but i remind you the issue hasn't occurred before (on previous versions on Firebug's) so i assume it's kind of regression bug (etc.) that i hope the (great) Firebug's team will solve - for me and for others that implement 3rd party JS apps..

thanks..

__

Cheers,
Shlomi Sasson
_____________________________________

"Our system is much better.."

-- Steve Jobs

"You don't get it? It's doesn't matter, ours is selling.."

-- Bill Gates

netstat -ntpl

image.png

Shlomi Sasson

Sep 9, 2013, 2:19:39 AM9/9/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, now attached the html files

__

Cheers,
Shlomi Sasson
_____________________________________

"Our system is much better.."

-- Steve Jobs

"You don't get it? It's doesn't matter, ours is selling.."

-- Bill Gates

netstat -ntpl

image.png
index.html
test-non-xdm.html
test-xdm.html

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 9, 2013, 6:59:49 AM9/9/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com, Jan Odvarko
Thanks for the investigation. So this sounds related to issue 6198. Would it be possible that you upload your files somewhere, so we can use it as test case for it?

Sebastian

Shlomi Sasson

Sep 9, 2013, 9:22:37 AM9/9/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com, Jan Odvarko
Sure, here it is: http://shlomi.info/firebug/
Just do-not forget to create a hosts record in your computer for the different domain (that actually makes the XDM issue):

50.56.237.127 another-domain.com

Thanks you very much!

__

Cheers,
Shlomi Sasson
_____________________________________

"Our system is much better.."

-- Steve Jobs

"You don't get it? It's doesn't matter, ours is selling.."

-- Bill Gates

netstat -ntpl

Shlomi Sasson

Sep 12, 2013, 12:16:57 PM9/12/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com, Jan Odvarko
Hey, any news about that? thanks..

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/firebug.

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 13, 2013, 4:09:43 AM9/13/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com, Jan Odvarko
Sorry for not replying earlier. At my current PC I can't access http://www.shlomi.info/firebug/.
@Honza: Could you try out the test case? Otherwise I'll investigate that later.

Sebastian

Shlomi Sasson

Sep 13, 2013, 4:20:51 AM9/13/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com, Jan Odvarko
ou cannot see http://www.shlomi.info/firebug/ at all or just the right iFrame in at the page?

__

Cheers,
Shlomi Sasson
_____________________________________

"Our system is much better.."

-- Steve Jobs

"You don't get it? It's doesn't matter, ours is selling.."

-- Bill Gates

netstat -ntpl

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 13, 2013, 5:31:00 AM9/13/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com, Jan Odvarko
I can't access the site at all, but this may be due to the proxy settings at work.
I'll try again when I'm at home.

Sebastian

Shlomi Sasson

Sep 13, 2013, 6:15:46 AM9/13/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com, Jan Odvarko

Ok, got you.  Thank you vert much for you help!

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 13, 2013, 6:10:56 PM9/13/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com, Jan Odvarko
I can reproduce that problem now and created issue 6778 for it. Thanks for your test case!

Sebastian